Need help about mtx 1501d

Anonymous

i have one sub that i will hook up to this amp. but the amp has two channels, and i talked to a guy that said i could hook up one voice coil to one channel and the other(its a DVC sub)to the other channel and the amp would automaticaly bridge. my sub is dual 4 ohm. the amp puts out 1000 watts at 2 ohms bridged. if i hook up the two voice coils to the two different channels would it bridge it down to 2 ohms or what? i'm a little confused. need help. thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3779
the 1501D is a mono amplifier.
it only has one channel.
it has two sets of terminals to more easily facilitate connecting two subs in parallel to the amp.
your guy was mistaken, of wasn't familiar with that amplifier model.
you can't bridge a mono amp. you can strap some of them where you connect two of the same amp together, invert one, and connect one speaker to both amps, letting both amps together essentially act like a stereo amp that's been bridged.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3780
just wire the DVC sub's coils in parallel to get two ohms.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 100
Well that really depends on if the impedance of each voice coil is 2 ohms each. Then it would be running at 2 ohms, but it wouldn't necessarily mean its bridged. Its VERY LIKELY, that you're sub is a 4 ohm sub, with DVC. Which means that each VC has a 4 ohm load. That's probably the case. It'd be best if we knew what your amp and sub are, because you're sub might not be rated to handle 1000watts. Please repost the Amp model and the sub, then I can recommend a wiring method.

Anonymous

my sub is a 15" orion h2 dual 4 ohm voice coil sub. it can handle more than that ampo can put out, so no worries there. the mtx 1501d is internaly bridged in parallel and it has input for speaker 1 and speaker 2. so if i put one voice coil to speaker 1 input and the other to speaker 2 input then it should make the amp see a 2 ohm load, should it not? seeing as it is internaly bridged in parallel.

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 165
you arent listening to what people are telling you. your amp is a mono amp with two inputs. hooking up each voice coil to each input is not the right way to get a two ohm load. run a wire from the positive on voice coil 1 to the positive on voice coil 2. do the same for the negatives. then run one positive wire and one negative wire from one of the coils to your amp. hook up your wires on only one set of inputs, not both of them. they have two inputs in order to hook-up more than one sub without jamming a bunch of wires into one speaker terminal.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3791
Donald, read the initial post
"my sub is dual 4 ohm"

wire both positive terminals of the sub together
wire both negative terminals of the sub together
wire one pair of positive and negative terminals from the sub to the "speaker 1" terminals of teh amp.
you now have 1500 watts going to the sub.
end of story.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us