Free air bezel install.

Username: Tony20tgenesis

Miami

Post Number: 1
So I have 2 diamond audio cm3 12's and a punch 1001bd. I want to make a bezel between the rear seat and the trunk with speakers firing into the cabin. I was thinking using a sunk in fiberglass bezel design and seal it as best as possible. I am installing this into a sports coupe that has performance # 1 priority. I was interested in any tips on doing this correctly and if it would be better to port the bezel or have it sealed off because the trunk might be small enough to act like a box. Its going into a 2010 hyundai genesis coupe it has roughly 10cubic ft volume in the trunk. Any info on free air or this type of install is appreciated.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12472
IB needs to be sealed. that said, you can make a template for the back of the trunk space using cardboard. I'm not a fan of IB, and would just as soon add a bit of weight to the rear for traction anyway.
You could also fiberglass a smaller enclosure for one or two smaller (say 8") subs and tuck them into the corners, or use the spare tire well as a sub enclosure (sealed) liek I did in my car, and put a single 12" or 15" in there (I used an 18" but I have more than enough horsepower so weight isn't a big concern.)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us