Help wiring amp

Username: Feleja

Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 10
i no about the power rca and speaker remotes and all just need a bit of help :P

i have 2 amps (monoblocks) now do i need 2 power wires from battery or just 1 to a y split ( 1 into 2 ) ??

and is this also true for the rcas and the speaker remote wires do i need 2 or just 1 split into 2 ????

thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 333
since those are 750.1's, personally i would do two runs of wire, but it would also work fine to run 0ga. back to the amps, then use a distribution block that splits off into two runs of 4ga.

Bronze Member

Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 11
i see and how about the rca's and speaker remote do i need 1 for each amp or can it also be split??

Bronze Member

Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 12
also wondering about the bass remote (gain knob) can i run both amps to one or best 2 seperate

Silver Member

Post Number: 338
you can buy RCA Y's (split)

Bronze Member
Username: Kissdaredevil

Post Number: 76
with the remote wire, run the main wire to the first amp and then a second wire from that amp to the second. Rca's if you have an input and an output on one of the amps, run the rca's to the input and then run a second set from the output to the input of the second amp. if your amps do not have a output, then you will have to buy y splitters for the rca's

Silver Member

Post Number: 344
^yeah you're right.
i totally forgot about the master/slave settings on some amps. you can run one set of RCA's and remote wire to one amp (master) and then run an output set of RCA's and remote wire to the second (slave) amp.
i'm not totally sure if you do that with the remote wire though, but i can't see why not...

Bronze Member

Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 16
ya my amps have input and outputs this wont hurt the performance of the amp in any way will it?? thx for all the help guys :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 347
nope. they'll be fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us