Help wiring amp

Username: Feleja

Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 9
i no about the power rca and speaker remotes and all just need a bit of help :P

i have 2 amps now do i need 2 power wires from battery or just 1 to a y split ( 1 into 2 ) ??

and is this also true for the rcas and the speaker remote wires do i need 2 or just 1 split into 2 ????

thanks for the help :-)

Username: Jmartin2323

Cleveland, Ohio United States

Post Number: 5
With your power wire your going to need a "distribution block" which allows your power wire in and breaks it into two, four, eight, whichever you decide to get. Then from there you run each power wire to its designated amp. the rca's will depend on your head unit. You may have 1,2 or even 3 sets of pre-amp outputs. In which from there you will run your front and rear outputs to the amplifier for your door speakers, etc. and then you may have a set specifically for subwoofers. To determine what is needed, you will need to know how many sets of outputs you have. and with the remote... run one back to one of your amplifiers and then jump from the remote wire terminal on one amp to the other. OR you can run two seperate wires back from your headunits remote wire.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12662
for interconnects (RCA) you want a separate line for each channel. If you have sub amplifiers (more than one) many amps have a "pass through" that allows you to daisy chain multiple sub amps together in that situation, but for subs/midrange/highs, and such, you want a head unit with 3 pair of RCA line pre-outs to use an amp for the cabin speakers, and an amp for the subs.

for power, you want to run one line from the battery and use a power distribution block (fused) to split power to each amplifier at their location.

for remote trigger, for 2 amps, you can split the wire and that's fine. For more than 2 devices being triggered, you'll want to use a relay, since multiple devices using the trigger line could otherwise damage the head unit providing the trigger.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us