Which sub?

Username: Dylan9999

Post Number: 1
Ok guys im going to be buying a new sound system in the short future and need help as i dont know too much about subs. but basically wut im looking for is a single sub that is a 12 or 15 inch and that i will be running about 2000-2500 rms into. i want to know which sub would be the loudest, any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 19
First you need to make sure your car can even handle 2k rms. How many amp alternator do you have?

Post Number: 2
i dont have the vehicle yet. i will within about a month, im just trying to research early but i will most likely be buying a ford ranger and it says they have around 110-120 amp alts. im guessing thats too small tho? if it is, wut amp alt do u recommend and i will be buying a really good battery. if i do need to upgrade the alt for around 2000 wrms and get a good battery would that be all i need for electrical to run it full power or do i need more? sorry im a noob to this stuff lol

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 68
are you sure you can handle 2000 watts rms? have you ever heard that much power before? some people really just cant take it. but you will need to do the big 3 and get your battery and see how that does. you may get by with that. if not upgrade the alt.
go with a digital designs 9512. the box is going to take up the entire backseat though if you want to do it right

Bronze Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 20
I am pretty new to it too, i was just asking becuase I am being disappointed right now at only being able to run around 1000rms max on my stock alternator haha.

Ide say go with the Fi BTL, I don't know much about the DD's but those look pretty sick too.

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 322
"are you sure you can handle 2000 watts rms?"

it sounds more like you're asking him,"Are you a pu$$y?" hahaha j/p

but seriously, you are going to have to spend a lot of money to get to a point where you are going to be able to run a 2000watt system without any problems.
we're talking:
0ga. power & ground wire
big 3
At least one good battery (kinetik, XS Power, or similar)
High Output Alternator.

the goal is to keep ~14.4+ volts when the subs hit. 12.5 is minimum i would recommend.

For instance, my friend bought an Fi BL 15 and ran it off an AQ1200 and decided it wasn't loud enough, so he's upgrading his charging system and getting a second BL 15 and AQ1200. you might want to go that route. its totally up to you.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 352
Digital Designs would be the way to go but if you wanted to save a little cash and still get a nice woofer, Fi would also be a good choice.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16066
listen to that electrical advice smith is giving u & keep it around 1000-1200wrms if u want to keep ur stock alt & have a decent set if ur budget if limited that is

check out re audio sxx & fi car audio BL or Q

also audioque 1200d amp ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 325
A single 15 in an extended cab ranger should be pretty loud on 1000 watts to begin with anyway.

maybe give us a total budget as well as a goal (SPL, SQ, or good mix of both) and we can work off that.

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 69
haha im just saying i gave him a recommendation of a dd 9515 because he wants 2000-2500 watts. and in a small truck like that when the bass hits its probably going to make his vision a little blurry lol. so you just wanna make sure you can handle that amount of bass

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
haha yeah i know what you're saying, i just thought it was funny. And the DD is a solid choice.

Post Number: 3
well yea i want around 2000rms i know wut that sounds like and i love the bass, the louder the better for me. im mainly going for spl but i mean i dont want a sub that is super loud and sounds like total crap. at first i was looking at re xxx 15 but now im getting the impression they arent that loud?

Post Number: 4
i want the re xxx 15 but after researching a bit im finding out that for the same amount of money say about 700-800 on ebay that i could get a sub with a little less sq and more spl. the max i want to spend is 1000 on the sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
RE MT
Incriminator Audio
Fi BTL
RD Elite SPL (buyer beware)

the xxx is loud, but like you said, more of an SQ sub.

Post Number: 5
yea i was sorta looking at the MT 15's and ive been looking at some videos now and i think that is for sure what i want they look really nice but on the RE website it doesnt have their specs n stuff... do u know how many wrms they are and wut would be a good choice of wrms running to them to get its max potential? and yes im prepared to do the big 3, new battery, new alt, 0 g wires, and take up my whole backseat with a box n all that and even another battery if needed. oh and another thing the price for one single 15?

Silver Member

Post Number: 337
the MTs are custom built to your specs. if i remember correctly, the run ~$750-800ish lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us