Audiobahn help

Username: Smeasy

Post Number: 1
2 12 inch audio bahn aw121T subs its 550 watt rms and 1100 watt max i was wondering what a good wiring kit and good amp would be for these and im kinda trying to get the most bang for my buck soo if you could help me out that would be fantastic

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 349
AQ1200D, 4 gauge wiring kit. 80 amp fuse.

Post Number: 2
no need for a capacitor?

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 350
Nope. If power is a concern upgrade the big 3.

Post Number: 3
hmm i was kinda thinking a lil less expensive any suggestions?

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 353
A capacitor is cheaper than a few feet of wire and ring terminals?

Post Number: 4
i meant amp wise ahha sorry i was kinda looking at http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11751_Crunch+P1100.2.html
thing is with my speakers and my deck my lights already kinda dim and stuff when it hits hard sometimes thats why i thought i might need a capacitor

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 354
are each of your subs 550 rms? or is that for both? the amp does 550 rms at 4 ohms, bridged. If you run that amp you can't run it bridged below 4 ohms. What kind of car is this going on and what kind of sound are you going for?

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 355
Alrighty so I looked up your subs and each woofer handles 550 rms. If you ran the amp listed you would only be feeding them half their capable power handling. However, the amp listed also wouldn't do the rated power, so they'd actually be seeing a 1/3 of their capable power. The problem with going with amps that are cheaper in price is that they will not do all of their rated power. I believe these subs are a single 4 ohm voice coil so you are going to need an amp that will do 1100 rms at 2 ohms. If you want to go with a cheaper amp, do one that says they will do around 1500 rms at 2 ohms and it may do your 1100 rms at 2 ohms which you need.

Post Number: 5
so basicaly something like this
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16672_Absolute+PRO+22200B+-PRO22200B+-+Black -.html

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 356
If you ran it 2 channeled yes, it does 550 rms at 4 ohm each channel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us