Little advise

Username: Asif

Karachi, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 1
hi
iam new here and to this whole car audio stuff,
need some advise about amplifiers i got myself 2 12inch audiobhan subwoofers but got no idea wat will make a perfect amplifier to support these subwoofers cause its says 2000 watss each and 1000 rms on the box so this means i will need some heavy duty amplifier to power these subs

any ideas ???

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 230
are they dvc or svc, 2-4-6 ohms.

Karachi, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 2
dame dont know that.

ohh it says dvc on the box
dude elaborate on this dvc and svc subwoofers thingie????
these are the ones iam talking about

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48613&item=5706072507&rd= 1

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 231
Are you doing a ported or sealed box.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3770
you don't need that much power, or even close to it for those speakers.
you'll get full performance from them with about 300 to 400 watts each, easily.
the thermal rating has nothing really to do with how much power they need to reach full excursion.
Especially in the case of those audiobahns.

Karachi, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 3
hi
yea iam going for sealed box but i have to tell u guys that iam kinda scared cause no one makes sealed box where i come from they all go for ported boxes but on the audiobhan website it says that sealed box will work better with these woofers, i will like to hear you guys wat u think i should do, should i make ported box or sealed box.
and dude are u telling me that 800 watts amp will be more the enough for these woofers cause i hear that if these woofers are in sealed box they will require alot of wattage for them to work. and also tell me wat brand of amplifer shopuld i get like rockford or kicker????

and last question that i have to ask u guys are these woofers any good ,or iam wasting my money here, cause dudes these woofers are still sealed in there boxes i can return them and get something different like kicker or jl audio.

Bronze Member
Username: Smokeit

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 71
i would return those. they are just white trash speakers that got real popular. they are just as good as legacy and overrate the power alot.

Karachi, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 4
dame it
i knew i shouldent have trusted those reviews,
so smoke u just made my day, so why dont u tell me wat to get tell which brand and model no everything i kinda liked those performance teqniques model no icbm-5912 12 inch how about those, are they any good, or those german made volfahagen or something i dont remeber there name exactly.
i would love to buy those rockford fosgate or kicker but they are very very expensive. u know anything which pounds really great and are under 200$ a pair.

Bronze Member
Username: Car5_14

Post Number: 75
the best companies i know r Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, Mtx, JL Audio, JBL.

Bronze Member
Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 17
hate to be so cruel but it would be best to send them back. to me you have a 50/50 chance that will be ok. under $200 a pair? elemental designs!
anyone agree?

Karachi, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 5
okay ill take ur advise and send them back
but still look how pretty they man,
okay iam going for rockford fosgate
http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROCP212S4#reviews
tell me wat u guys thing of these ????
are they any good ?????????

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 252
Well everyone has their own opinion about subs. I personally would hook them up and see if you like them. Since you bought them off ebay you wont be able to send them back proably. So hook them up and you may like what you hear and be happy. The only person that needs to be happy with your system is you. In no way is audiobahn top of the line but is a decent sub if your on a low budget. Ive heard audiobahn systems that sound ok but proalby not gonna win anything with them.

Karachi, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 6
okay ill take ur advise and send them back
but still look how pretty they man,
okay iam going for rockford fosgate
http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROCP212S4#reviews
tell me wat u guys thing of these ????
are they any good ?????????

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 255
Well you can take my advice however you feel. Good luck though trying to get your money back through ebay.

Karachi, Sindh Pakistan

Post Number: 7
no man i dident get them from ebay i got it from haroon radio a huge shop in karachi
i have friend there who work in that shop and will take care of it they dont have everything but if you ask for some paticular model and make they will aarange it for you no big deal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us