Amp or Sub related problem low sound

Username: Bliztkrieg101

Post Number: 2
My subs 12", and 1200w are hooked up to a 900w 2ch amp, and they bump, but not loud, and if I crank radio, the speakers are louder than subs. The subs ARE NOT in a box, they are just lying on bottom of trunk, could that be why? Would i need a sealed box? I tried switting from RCA to hi input, but that didn't do much, in fact it almost killed my amp :-( any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 282
Yeah I got a suggestion DON'T ever run your subs in free air unless they are made for free air usage get them in a box IF they aren't already torn up to hell. Good luck

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 363
You must put the subs in a box, thats where all the sound is at. The sub cant move the air if there is no amount of air to move and push against.

Post Number: 3
Really? Jesus, I never knew that, and most of my subs that I have put in systems in past were free air, this one is DEF not, so tell me Are the torn to hell?

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 367
Well they probably are not damaged, if they still move and there are no signs of outer damage then they are probably good. How long were they in 'free air'.

Post Number: 5
About total adding different times together maybe 3 to 5 hours, but in most cases the volume was extremely low, on about 30 and the limit is 63

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 368
yeah, they should be alright. Now you need to get a box. If you thought that playing the subs like that gave you SOME to NONE bass then once you box em up they will give you some bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us