Need a sub

Username: Fumoffu

Post Number: 1
I am looking into getting a 10" sub and amp and was wondering what the best one would be without pillaging my wallet. It doesn't need to be dirt cheap but not looking for the most expensive sub that money can buy either. Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: That_guy_u_dont_know

Kaplan, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 99
well theres the normal brands rockford and kicker and jl but u can also go with rd audio fi audio or re audio

it really depends on how much u want to spend as for the amp get one the same brand preferably but it really doesn't matter as long as it pushes the sub

Bronze Member
Username: Gutteer

Post Number: 37
check out alpine they have some decent subs for cheap

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 337
Yeah I'd second checking into a type R alpine. A 10 inch should be fairly cheap. You could look into getting a dual 2 ohm and running it at 1 ohm. There are many decent amps that won't cost too much that'll do 500 rms at 1 ohm.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13706
or a alpine 10 with an alpine amp....they are stable at 2 ohms so you would want a dual 4 ohm sub

Username: Fumoffu

Post Number: 2
I was thinking about running a Alpine SWR-1222D
12" 1500W Dual 2-Ohm Subwoofer and was wondering what the best alpine amp would be to run it. Im a bit of a noob when it comes to car audio haha

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 315
you're going to want an amp that puts out 750rms @ 1 ohm. You want to go by RMS ratings and not max. Kicker makes good amps as well. also maybe look into audioque, but since you said alpine, maybe a PDX 1000?

Its better to have extra power on tap so you're getting a clean, unclipped (distorted) signal at the desired wattage.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us