Head units please!

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2330
i have been looking at the kenwood DC-X994
and the eclipse cd3200.
i see that the eclipse has 5 volt pre-outs and the volume goes to to 80 and the kenwood goes to 35.
the kenwood cost about 70 bucks more.
what is better about the kenwood?
what else could i get that is around 300 bucks?
i need to get something in 10 days so i really need help finding what is best. i was great SQ and i the more clicks on the volume helps me really tune to my burp note with out clipping.

other brands are cool too i just don't know much about them.
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: That_guy_u_dont_know

Kaplan, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 98
its all really about preference when it comes to head units in my opinion personally i would go with kenwood or pioneer for that matter

check out the new pioneer deh-5200sd i think ull be pleased

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16061
80 vol level u say - WOW wtf ! ... i thought pioneer had the highest with 62 but that takes the cake

i wud like to know why they do that though since imo 40 for the most is good enough ...

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2331
well with my gains set down low and the vol set to 70 is louder than the gain turned up and the volume turned down. with the higher levels u can really pin point the place that it starts to clip. saved me some spl

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13707
the eclipse 3200 is a very good unit I own one....its a very clean sounding unit....i liked it better than my kenwood excellon unit i had

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2332
i have a cd3200 now... its not 24 bit... i think im going to buy the kenwood

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1996
i just bought a jvc kd-a805 and its great. sq is fantastic and tons of useful features. the kda805 is discontinued now but they kd-r900 is the same thing basically just a different face plate.

i had a pioneer deh590ib before and the sq on the jvc is superior.

50 volume clicks on the jvc.

only costs 180 shipped so you have over 100 left over to buy something else if you want like a disc changer or eq or whatever.

i was also looking at the 3200 but it does not have 24 bit so that kind of closed that out. the x993 was also high on my list but the cost of $40 difference made my choice pretty clear since the jvc and the kenwood x993 have pretty much the same features.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2333
well mark... lol. u told me few hours to late. i just ordered the x994.

that JVC doesn't look as cool as the kenwood.. but it might sound better. it looks like its prolly the best for the money

Bronze Member
Username: Nickadam55

Columbia MO, Missouri

Post Number: 96
I have a PIONEER PREMIER DEH-P980BT for sale. I used for a week, dident like it had to go back to my 9886!.. bought ipod cord for it and still is under factory warranty for 90 days. Will sell shipped for $350
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us