What i dislike about old school cars...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7930
...installing an alarm in a mid-80s one thats had at least 3 other alarms installed in it before. and it still has wiring in there from all those alarms and the previous 5 systems.

yea, i slightly dislike that.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 279
*hugs*

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2157
It's not the install, it's working around someone else's garbage work.
At least older cars have less wiring to fight- though I've had trouble finding diagrams before.

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 311
but i do like the fact that a wire harness for my sonoma is like $8 and one for a new trailblazer is like $120 for the harness and box

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22373
I would assume wiring in today's tight fit, complex cars to be a chore. Older cars are a pain due to incompatible wiring harnesses and such. At least in older cars you have the room to work with. Today they maximize every square inch of them. When I owned a 1984 Buick Regal and I needed to replace the radiator I could literally stand inside the engine compartment once the old one was removed. Same thing with my water pump that went. Access to things was a breeze. Few years back when I took my truck in for an oil change they had to break out this funky complex tool about 2 feet in length and all bent up just to get to the filter. Can only be done from underneath too. Some service guys used to asked ME where the filter was!

What also was nice with working with older cars was when you needed to punch through a door panel or firewall you had much less of a chance of flucking something up hidden inside.

Today you almost need to cat scan the car for hidden land mines before you drill lol.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3302
I was doing the amp install and half the tweeter install.

I mainly hate the trunks when doing an amp install. I had to lay clean carpet down in the trunk in order to not get the random samples of stuff that was on the carpet on me.

But, you aren't an installer until you somehow get BBQ sauce on your shoulder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us