Are sundown amps worth the money?

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 67
hi guys i was wondering if sundown audio amps are worth the money.. I know they are underrated, and alot of people like them because they can run them below 1 ohm. but i dont ever plan on running subs below 1 ohm. And the amps are pretty expensive as well, some people say they are the best, while others say they are overpriced. Also what kind of sound quality do they put out? Ive messed with alot of amps, but i never have seen or heard a sundown before.
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1865
im running a sundown 1500D and i had it for quite awhile now. its a solid amp i never had any problems with it at all. i think they go for 300-325 used if u look around forums. when i bought mine it was like 400 lol.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22357
Heard nothing but good things about them.

State Prop where you been????

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 330
I was looking into SD amps earlier today as well. They do look pretty impressive. There was a guy who had 4 3500Ds on 12 SA 12s at the audio competition this past weekend. Pretty insane.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13669
Dont do the sd amps shawn

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1994
^^^ why u say that?

there worth every penny. the warranty is amazing and they will even warrant them if ran at ,5 ohm (sub amps)

if you want to go a cheaper route look at the older rd amps and the atomics.

I just got a great condition atomic 3000.1d for $400 or so shipped.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16056
sundown amps are underrated & the built quality is very good - no need to worry : just get it ...

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13672
I thought he meant soundigital

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3092
Sean what's wrong with soundigital?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13675
my brothers one 8k broke on him twice and some of inputs on the amp were cheaper than I would have liked

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1866
lol paul. i really dont come on E that much anymore. every once and awhile i browse. haha

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 326
I like Sundown amps, but the only one I would buy brand new, is the SAE1200D(1500x1 at 1ohm)for like $275/$300shipped. The rest are to rich for my blood, unless bought used.

Check out dB-r Electronics for authorized Sundown refurbs.

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 314
I have a sae1200, and I'm really happy with it. The saz line is more expensive but looks very impressive. I'll probably get one someday. I think sundowns worth the money. Solid underrated products backed with a good warranty and from what I hear/read great customer service.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 299
they don't warranty them at .5 ohm any more. and i have a 3000d its great, i quite love it. if you can get your hands on one its my choice.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12464
you get what you pay for.

I'm still using my old Orion 2250SX amps. They were $1300 each back in the early 90s (factor that with inflation) but all three of them are still running like new, nearly 20 years later.

I guess it's a matter of how long you want them to be around, and how hard you plan to drive them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us