Rusted amp terminals.

Bronze Member
Username: Smokeit

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 57
hey guys i just got my alpine 100m mono amp back from my brothers. he had it out in his shed for a couple of months and when i got it the terminals are a lil bit rusted. i was thinking about powering my door speakers with it but just making sure i wont have a problem. another thing i have infinity referece 6 1/2 door speakers. would they sound good with this amp.

speeds2
Unregistered guest
i think u should put a system in that shed of yours

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 58
anybody have any real input on this

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 359
Use a wire brush and a spray bottle with CLR (calcium, lime, rust) to get the rust off those terminals. For one is looks like crap and it will not make good contacts. I dont know if the AMP would work, depending on the conditions of the shed.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 59
yeah i tried the best i could but i can only get the tops of the screws and not inbetween where the wires meet. can u buy a bag of the screw replacements at like home depot as long as they are gold plated.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 361
Home Depot has only big bolts and stuff, go to like ACE hardware or something like that and take in either the whole AMP or just the small screws and get a whole bunch of new ones. Should only cost under $1. They dont need to be gold plated. I doubt you will find gold screws at a store like ACE.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 60
ok thanks dude

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3763
have the amp bench tested to see if it works.
the terminals can be cleaned or replaced.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 62
yeah the amp still works but i want to change out the terminals. glass do u know where u can get gold screwins or do u i just need regular screw ins

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 69
does anybody know where to get the terminals
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us