Amp for 2 JL 10W7 if possible or 10W6v2 in f150 screw

Username: Rolloutjg

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 1
ive got an 06 f150 screw.. and im thinking of getting two JL 10w7's or two 10w6's. what would be the best amp for either of these setups? also what do u think of the setup in general? i used to have two kicker L7's with a crappy 1500 watt amp. it was loud as crap but i think the crappy amp held back its potential. i want this to be so loud that i throw up on the way to work every morning. the w series are spl right?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16050
google fi car audio & audioque

will cost u far less & sound louder too ...

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 328
That'll be a nice upgrade in SQ. If you go with the 2 w7s you will need an amp that'll do 1500 rms at 1.5 ohms. If you go with the w6s then you're looking at 1200 rms. If you're looking for the louder choice, go with the w7s, if you want more SQ, go with the w6s. One factor is going to be the w7s are going to require a larger enclosure vs. the w6s. I'd say go with the w7s.

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 2
yeah the thing is the w7's require 1.25 cu ft EACH and i already have to lift the back seats with a kit just to get 5 5/8 inch clearance which still doesnt allow that much, (10w7's are already 8 inches deep alone) so im gonna have to take it in to get it custom welded even higher (if it will work).. if i can fit w7's then i will, if not then i was thinking the w6's since theyre not nearly as deep.

ive been out of the sub game for a few years.. what else is out there? like i said im kind of limited with depth, if i can avoid raising the seats too high id prefer that, but i dont wanna sacrifice quality. im willing to pay almost anything except something insanely ridiculous. i know the w7's are pricey but i remember JL's (especially the W7's being top quality) anything else out there comparable to w7's with less depth and required enclosure space?

Bronze Member
Username: Cbucks

Ri Usa

Post Number: 13
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JL-AUDIO-13TW5-13-SHALLOW-MOUNT-CAR-SUB-SUBWOOFER_W0QQitemZ320498120515QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Subwoofers_Enclosures?hash=item4a9f2d3743 jls new 13.5tw5 shallow subwoofer 600rms may save u some doe on mods and there 13.5" so they will get low thing actually looks pretty fing sick $339

Bronze Member

Ri Usa

Post Number: 14
only 2.5 inch mounting depts 0.8 cube feet airspace

Bronze Member

Ri Usa

Post Number: 15
13tw5*

Bronze Member

Ri Usa

Post Number: 16
my bad i keep writing but check them out on youtube they look and sound sick

Bronze Member

Ri Usa

Post Number: 17

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 312
5 posts within 13 minutes, really? just edit your last post and put that info in it.

4 Digital Designs 1508's haha mounting depth is 5.25"

and there is no way you could modify that [JL 10w7] to make it shorter.

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 3
who said anything about modifying the JL to make it shorter? i said modify my backseat's height so a bigger box could fit underneath.

cbucks good call at the 13TW5.. ive never heard of it so im definitely looking into it. so far it seems almost too good to be true... small (thin) sub with alot of bass? do u think it compares to the W6's or W7's at all?

Bronze Member

Ri Usa

Post Number: 18
i think it would compare more to the w6 being that it is 600 watt rms

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 4
yeah that TW5 looks great. any idea where i can get a box made to fit a crew cab f150? i found this one but its only for 2 10's but who knows, maybe it would fit the 13s since theyre so shallow..

http://www.supercrewsound.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=10&catId=58

the subs say they need .75 cu ft each, and that box only allows .60cu ft. but then u can ad 5/8 inch to the entire box so i wonder if that would add enough area to get to .75. im gonna email them and see whats up! good find cbucks

Bronze Member

Ri Usa

Post Number: 19
ive also been reading it says recomends sealed box but people say ported had sounded the best for spl

Bronze Member

Ri Usa

Post Number: 20
ive also been reading it says recomends sealed box but people say ported had sounded the best for spl and another guy said he has a f250 had them under rear seats and sounded good but decided to fit them behind the rear seat and it was even better

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 5
yeah i read that same post about the 250, but it really doesnt make sense because in a 250 there is no room behind the backseats.. its nothing. i think he might of meant at first he tried putting them under the front seats, then put them under the back seats.

id love to get a ported box but that means id need even more space for a bigger box and im right at that limit already with a sealed box.

so since thats a 3ohm sub.. do i need a 3ohm amp? id probably just get two separate amps, one for each sub. let me know what u think and suggestions on amps! id appreciate it.

Bronze Member

Ri Usa

Post Number: 21
how much do u want to spend i mean you could get two jl 750 or aq1200, sundown SAE-1200D V.2 kicker 1200.1 if u want to spend less MB Quart Discus DSC1500.1D or powerbass 1500.1d they are inexpensive and do there rated power there are so many more good amps if u dont have a budget

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 313
oh haha my bad. i definitely thought you were talking about the sub.

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 6
LOL @ smith. cbucks im gonna check out the JL 750's. u dont think 750 going to each sub is too much for the 600 rms TW5's?

does the amp need to be rated at 3 ohms like the sub?

Bronze Member

Ri Usa

Post Number: 22
no it is better to have extra power and run your setting and gains low your sub and ears will be happier and i know the tw5 come in 4ohm i saw on cruthfield and 3 ohm ones so if u have one sub to each amp it will be 1.5 ohms to each amp so just make sure it is 1ohm stable or if u have other wise 2 3ohm subs will make a .750hm load so make sure it is a good quality amp that is stable under 1 ohm but if i was buying them i would buy the 4ohm one and run two down to 10hm but if u dont have a budget then u can get a really good amp to run both at less then 1ohm so you would be gettin the most power out of your amp but a little less stability

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 7
so letme get this straight.. u recommend getting two 4 ohm subs, wire them to 1 ohm a piece, but make sure my amps are stable at 1 ohm? so find an amp thats 750 rms at 1 ohm?

Bronze Member

Ri Usa

Post Number: 24
no you should get an amp that is 1200 rms + and 1ohm stable if u want to use two subs with one amp try to get the 4 0hm ones and bridge them to 1 ohm or get two jl 750 and you could get the 3ohms subs 1 sub for each amp and wire those down to 1.5 ohm what is your price range and do u want to have one or two subs and it is almost better to buy the subs or decide which ohm subs you want first if you have plenty of money to spend on an amp buy the 3ohm version then you can get an amp one that is stable at less then 1ohm and get the most power u can out of the amp

Bronze Member

Ri Usa

Post Number: 25
the subs are 600 rms each it is best to have an extra 100 rms or so for each sub if u have the funds to pay for the extra watts and also jl subs can handle a little more rms then stated. It is better to have a little extra watts because cars rarely run at 14 volts all the time so you wont always get the birthsheet rms all the time your amps will run cooler and more stable you wont have to put the gains up so the subs will be getting clean undistorted watts i would also do the big 3 and consider an extra battery or a yellow or red top under the hood. When u get this all up and running plz post a vid
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us