Looking for an affordable 12" sub.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 326
My friend Kevin bought a sub from a guy on craigslist and come to find out the sub is blown. He is now in the market of looking for a new sub. He just ordered an amp that is on its way, it going to run at 500 rms at 4 ohms (bridged 2 channel amp). I was going to suggest him the AQ sdc 2.5 but it just hit me that its dual 4 ohm so it isnt going to work. He isn't looking for anything spectacular. Anyone know of a good single voice coil 4 ohm woofer that will do well on 500 rms? Thanks guys.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 327
As far as budget, I know he isn't looking to spend a lot, under $200 for sure and I guess a good daily driver, a mix of sq/spl.

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 66
well he could also look for any sub that is 2 ohm dvc and just run it in series.. what about an alpine type r? but jls w3s v3 subs can handle 500 watts rms and 1000 peak and you can get those in 4 ohm svc

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1990
if your amp is 500 rms look for a sub that its around 300-400 rms that way you will have a little bit of head room. you will be disappointed if you buy a 500 rms sub and only give it 500 rms.

a 500 rms amp rarely puts out 500 watts during music program and it surely is not continuously.

any sub thats in that power range (300-400rms) and costs $200 will be a very good sub. you could spend less if you want but $100 would be a good minimum budget if you want something quality. not saying you cant get quality for less but its just hard to find.

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 320
Maybe the new 2010 T3 Audio T400/T600 12", prices are low.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us