Setting an amp for door speakers??

Gold Member
Username: Cplaya280

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1032
I have a kicker zx250.2 running to my front door speakers coaxils. What is the best way to set the amp so more vocals come out the speaker verses bass becasue on some songs with punchy bass my door speakers pop everytime a certain note hits like it cant handle it or something. I have 2 alpine 6.5 type-r's and the speakers are both getting probably around 90rms a piece have it running at 4ohm and im pretty sure the rms on those speakers is 100-150rms a piece. So idk if i need to set sumthin on the amp up different or what. the gain is set a little before the half way point but not sure how i should set the xover on the amp for speakers right now its at like 95hz. i tried it at 80hz and also 100hz but some songs still make the speakers pop. I have the switch set to HPF which is what its suppose to be for door speakers. the other options is LPF and OFF

Gold Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1033
bump?

Gold Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1034
any advice?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16046
try setting the front lpf filter in ur deck 1st then the amp after ...

Gold Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1035
not sure if my deck has LPF on it, its the pioneer deh-7800p.
I know it has HPF front pass and rear and i have that set to 80hz. I never seen LPF on the deck tho. What is a good spot to put the x-over on the amp for the front speakers

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4300
You could try Bass Blockers maybe. The lowpass filter on that HU is in the subwoofer controls. Won't affect the front speakers though. 80-125hz for the filter.

Gold Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1036
And i noticed it's usually the higher note bass that makes the speakers pop like its going along with the beat of the song its really annoying and plus i dont wanna destroy my speakers.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16048
yes hpf i meant my bad

if u set it at say 100hz its not supposed to be playing any freqs below that point ...

Gold Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1041
what are the most recommended settings for a system. for my front door speakers should i have the amp set to HPF or set to Off and just adjust the frequency on my HU what is a good setting for the front speakers to have my vocals. Or should i set everything to 80-100hz on the HU,the speakers amp, and the subwoofer amp? Just trying to get the best sound out of my front speakers for higher vocals. Should i use both the HU settings and the amp settings or set one of the two off or what thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us