Recommend me an amp please

Username: Westbank1

Louisiana

Post Number: 1
To start, I'm a newb to car audio. My Kenwood 600W amp (Kac 728s) went out on me. I would like some help on what would be a good replacement.

Budget: Would like to be at or under $100.00. ALso, i have no problem searching for a gently used amp on ebay or Craigslist cause I'm not in a huge hurry.

I don't need anything top of the line, just like to have the greatest amount of bass in that price range coming out of my existing subs.

The amp will be powering 2 12" MTX Roadthunder RT12-04 at 4ohm in a sealed box.

The specs say 1.5" voice coils, but also single or dual voice coil option.. Recommended power rating 100-200 watts RMS.

How can i tell if they are single or dual voice coil? Ideally, i want 200 watts going to each sub.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Dkeezy

Houston, TX

Post Number: 14
Here's an amp that might be a perfect match, though i dont have any experience with mtx.
http://cgi.ebay.com/MTX-THUNDER-TC4001-MONO-BLOCK-400W-RMS-CAR-AMP_W0QQitemZ2705 42135461QQihZ017QQcategoryZ18795QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo %3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8343115627893172969

Heres some info bout your subs. Gives some wiring diagrams that could be helpful. Also it doesnt show that these subs are dvcs
http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/manualsQuickInstall/subs/TechData_RT12-04.p df

Username: Ba55now

Illinois US

Post Number: 2
I would personally go with Hiphonics. If you check out the car audio game right now.. they seem to be one of the best bets.. for the money and high numbers of power you can get out of em.. there worth it.

Get a bigger amp and turn the gain down so there is LITTLE stress on the amp and components.

Good luck

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13671
dont buy hifonics they have high falure rates and are over rated on power
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us