Does anyone know whats up with the Q

Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 9
So I've been pumped to order my new FI Q 15". I have been getting impatient and just want to get that knocking down the street. I do know it has only been a week but I'm new to car audio and don't really know how things like that work. Any ideas/theories?
Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 315
Knocking down the street as in loud bass? The Q is a sound quality woofer, it'll get plenty loud in the correct box but you may have wanted to go with the BL or even BTL for pure SPL usage. What is going to make any woofer "knock" or not is a properly built enclosure.

Bronze Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 11
I didn't ask about boxes I have that under control. I asked about the release date for the Q.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16041
why dont u email them ...

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 297
ask fi or get on a fi forum.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3069
congrats, you just joined the "Worst Questions Ever" section of ecoustics.

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 315
Patients my friend Patients

I think the build time is like 3-7 business days and shipping time is like 2-5 days.

How much power r u going to be using and whats cf. Hz?

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 301
sigh.......................................................................

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2314
shawn. if u take the Q and the BL . the Q tuned to 32 Hz and the BL tuned to 40. and get about 50 feet away from the car the Q will mic louder.
lower notes carry farther.

stop being mean to this dude!
i have a friend that has been waiting to get a pair of 15 Qs for a while. maybe ill email them. i know they are going to have a new Q or something. but it is now the 7th.. and the site says it will be ready to order on the 1st...

Bronze Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 12
tigo: I'm using a Kicker ZX1000.1 rating around 1150 rms from what i have been told by the car audio gurus i know. Ill prolly run it somewhere around 800-900 on my stock alt so im not stressing my car to bad. As for cf. i have no clue yet mostly because this is my first box, and hz prolly tuned around 34hz.

dBlk: thanks, and i have been getting anxious about it as well and i emailed them this morning.

I also am still debating it will depend somewhat on price weather or not i get BL or Q

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3070
not trying to be a douche but how is anybody on here supposed to know an answer to that? lol. obviously its the company itself you should be contacting.

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 65
well listen to the advice given.. if you want sq go with the q. if you just want spl go with the bl.
but you crack me up when you say you will run like 800-900 watts so you dont stress your cars stock alternator. goodluck with that.
and like shawn said its all about the box

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3455
You will be fine running 800-900 watts off the stock alternator.

Bronze Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 13
Eric, i understand where your comment came from hah, it is kind of a dumb question i realize this now but i ment to ask for ideas/theories of why it had not come out yet sorry for not clarifying.
cwruck - I would trust my friends irl to tell me weather or not i can run 8-900 rms on my stock alternator other than some random on the internet.
snow - thanks for closure lol

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2315
ull be fine with 1k with ur alt. just be careful.
i have a pair of rd1750s for running my friends Qs. did u email them and ask yet?

get the Qs. if u listen to the BLs then listen to the Qs u will think the Qs are louder. unless ur doing comps get the Qs.... did i say get the Qs?

Bronze Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 15
I did email them, but have not received anything back bedsides the generic email about who to send your emails to if you have questions about orders and something else, ive heard a loaded BL my buddy has one in his alero running more than 1k and its louder than i even need right now, but he is telling me to get the Q too haha. so i am just playing the waiting game i suppose.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us