Audioque or DD

Username: Perfectcircle

Indy

Post Number: 1
I have been out of car audio for awhile now. I was going to pick up a couple 15's in addition to the 21" warden that i'm ordering. So I could switch out occasionally. I was looking at the hd3's and was wondering how they compare to the dd's. I remember from a couple years ago that audioque is somehow linked with dd, or the owner of aq used to be with dd. I was just wondering what model the hd3 compares to 3500? 9500? And is there a huge advantage to paying the price premium for the dd's?

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2094
i cannot compare because i have never owned anything AQ, but i do like DD quite a bit

DJ owns AQ
DJ's son owns DD

i think........

AQ is tough to beat in performance per dollar

IndyRF T30001bd

Post Number: 2
They have the copper coil and aluminum coil option. I kind of a novice. Does the aluminum just up the rms?

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2095
some descent info in the link below

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/8/26434.html

i would talk to DJ directly to get a better idea

Silver Member
Username: Kickerman

Post Number: 248
one question y switch back and forth with different systems. it would yield more money, more work, and more time. if it was me i would find a system that would suit all needs instead of buying multiple systems. unless it was for a different vehicle. you want sq spl or sql. i would then base my decision from there.

IndyRF T30001bd

Post Number: 3
multiple vehicles, and i just get bored with stuff. I'm running a tc 18" lms 5400 now. Gonna sell it and run the 15's until the warden comes in which could be a few months until I get it and get everything installed.

Silver Member
Username: Kickerman

Post Number: 249
Lol ok i got u

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4209
lms 5400 one of the best car audio subs ever designed.... buy another one if you're bored. hotshot

IndyRF T30001bd

Post Number: 4
no, its a great sub. just time for a change. been running it for a couple few years now. bought it right as tc changed to audiopulse when they were closing them out. paid 850 for it, which was a steal at the time. probably cost more than that to find a used one. The warden is 700 to my door. couldn't pass it up.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4211
not smart in my opinion. you are running arguably the most sought-after car audio sub ever. downright dumb to downgrade to audioque or dd. especially for daily use.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16037
pics of that 18" ? ...

IndyRF T30001bd

Post Number: 5
that was a little harsh jk... I meant I would sell the aq's when the warden came in. not the 5400. I'm never selling that. here is the pic rovin.Upload

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 308
IMO, the HDC3-A are in arms reach of DD9500.

2 HDC3-A 15's= $770 shipped from AQ.

2 DD9500 15's=$1280 shipped from DD, cuz no dealer near me.

So thats $510 of a difference, and thats why I say go with the HDC3-A

IndyRF T30001bd

Post Number: 6
Thank you very much tig! that put it in prespective.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us