Need a 10

Username: Blown95ta

Post Number: 1
Looking at cheap subs is well out there for me. I can pick others. But don't know much about cheap ones.

I want a good sounding 10 to put in a 95 trans am. Originally had a sealthbox with a w3 10. Planning on still using the box. Not sure really of the cubic ft but I figure it is the displacement recommended for a 10w3.

I was looking at the MTX Thunder5500 T5510-04 as crutchfield is right down the road and I can get it for 69 bux's. Like to keep it below 75 as I don't need anything bad in the car. Just more bass. Rather would make it faster. :-)

Any way I would like a 2ohm sub for a cheaper amp. As for the amp I will probably go with a kicker mono block. Maybe throw in something that would be the same price or cheaper but just as good to match the sub.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 735
i would go with something better than that mtx u might have to spend a little bit more money not much but it would be worth it

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2977
Buy the sub this guy is selling...it's the 10" RD Classic

http://carstereoforum.net/showthread.php?t=3891

The classic is a great sounding sub, and has good output at the same time. Works very well in a sealed box too. I've bought from the guy before and seems very trustworthy.

BTW nice car, i have almost the same thing... 93 z28.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2978
^he also has 2 rd sonance as well. sonance is a good sub as well, sounds almost as good as a classic with more output.

btw that classic is brand new and he only wants $75 for it. I'd jump on it if I didn't have other plans.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us