Alpine, Kicker, or what you recommend

Bronze Member
Username: Kyleb1115

Post Number: 17
I have been in the market for awhile now for speakers and amps. i have been looking at the kicker 2k6.2 speakers for the front and the back.

but..i have been looking for an amp to power these and have had no luck.

i like alpine and kicker amps..

which do you recommend..

i have been looking the alpine mrv f540..80W*4 ($599)
and the

kicker SX 900.4...112.5W*4 (originally $999 but can get it for $539)

or the kicker SX 700.4 ..87.5W*4 (originally $799 can get for $457)

not shure which brand is better?

how about audiobahn amps and speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 687
I'd take the Kicker amps, more reliable in my experience as I've seen Alpine amps with overheating issues and they generally don't last as long as a Kicker. Get the one that matches your components the closest. Audiobahn really is horrible stuff, especially in the speakers and subwoofers dept. Kicker amps are miles ahead of Audiobahn amps. I recommend you go audition as many components as possible to see what you like the best, also consider your price range. What's your budget for all of this? If your budget is limited, I'd focus on a 2 channel amp for a great set of components and a mono for subs, or you could get a 4 channel and use the front channels for components and bridge the rear channels for subs. You're better off not skimping on the front components to buy rear speakers and a four channel, you're better off spending that money on better components and a higher quality amp.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 357
kicker is the better choice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well i am glad that everyone seems to like kicker amps better.... i was towards the kicker amps more becaus ei like kicker...that have more RMS power and i can get them for cheaper then alpine amps....even though they are normally like 1,000$....

speakers are a diffrent story...

my problem is size...

i have looked so far at only the back...and there is not alot of room....at all... depth wise..to install a speaker...and supposedly yhere is more in the back then front..

bacically i need thin speakers..

the front is supposedly 1 7/8

and the back is 2 3/16

like i said..they are not that deep..

i looked and in the back u might be able to squeeze at most like maybe like 6/16... but i dont know for shure.. and the front...i have no clue..

i have been looking at these speakers..

http://www.cardomain.com/sku/KIC02K62

i can get them for like $115..
they are originally $199

basically i can get them for the front and the back for about $230.

and these will fit in the factory locations in the back and in the front (well thay are 1/16 deeper for the front...but im shure i can squeeze that in..

price range.... for which amps or speakers...

amps.... if im goin woth kicker... i have that set allready..

speakers are the issue..

i want the best, clearest sound possible that i can get...and i do like it loud..

so basically what i need is a speaker recommendation....

whats the best 61/2 that is smaller or slightly deeper then those depths listed above...

well maybe $500 bucks at the max per speaker set..(components in front and possible components in back... i like those kickers because they can have the tweeters mounted like 2 ways..)

i dont really feel like spending more then like $800 on my front and rear speakers togeather...

also cheaper is better...

but just what is the BEST spoeakers that fit..

i dont see any..

thx

thx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
im thinkin either 2 of those kicker components.

or infinity refrence.. the only cmponents that fit in the front are the refrence....but the back can have a few kappas..

i was looking toward this combo..

infinity refrence 6000cs components in the front

and

infinity kappa 63.5i (6 1/2)

or should i get all refrence...

it doesnt hurt to get better backs.. they are the same RMS...

what do you think?

Username: Chasing_shadows

Poplarville, Ms Usa

Post Number: 6
I just bought a kicker 600.4, rated at 150 rms at 2ohms. Im completely satisfied with its performance. It is powering boston component set up front and some 6.5 bostons as well. In the rear its powering 2 6x9 pioneers as well as two 5x7 bostons. Its clean and loud. I use to use an alpine mrv-f250 v12. Although the alpine is very clear it lacks sufficent power. At 2ohs it put out 35rms x 4 And brigdged mono it would put out 70x2 at 4ohms. Ill still have it and just put some new rca jacks in the amp. Its for sale i might add. It would work well for midrange or highs. I would definately go with kicker if you want one amp to do it all. Thats my 2 cents.

Username: Chasing_shadows

Poplarville, Ms Usa

Post Number: 7
Oh yeah the kicker amp was 210 bucks shipped on ebay with a 3 month warranty!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us