Now for the inside speakers, 8 ohm or 4 ohm?

Bronze Member
Username: Jay_boy

Rochester, NY Usa

Post Number: 31
2009 Elantra w/ 2 8w7s sealed in the trunk. 4 6 1/2 stock speakers inside the car. (front-component, rear-coaxial).

Considering that I would like more bass inside the car (cuz the 2 8w7s aren't quite filling the front of the car the way I would like) does it make a difference if the door speakers are 4 or 8 ohm? There are 6w3 in both 8 and 4 ohm. I don't know which to purchase. (4 ohm is 15% more money)

Maybe there are other 6 1/2 speakers with better bass inside the car?

I'm almost done w/this system so please help me out here w/some suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2091
why are you so stuck on JL?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4321
what amp are you goingto use to power the frontstage?

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 63
go with 4 ohm. much easier to power. and you will definitely need an amp to power them as well. but i dont understand.. you want more bass in your car so you think buying 6.5 in speakers is going to do it? but your running subs in a box with 750 watts..
i think you have the wrong idea. but if you want to get as much bass as possible from 6.5s i guess the thing do to would be to build an enclosure for the speakers in your door and use sound deadener, and run them on an amp.
but i dont think your really going to be satisfied.. you should really just look at getting rid of those subs and going a different route. i think 2 jl w3s in a ported box would be a better option..
but thats just my suggestion

Bronze Member
Username: Jay_boy

Rochester, NY Usa

Post Number: 33
I'm not so stuck on JL, I just don't want to buy something that is not quality. Give me some suggestions. I have to replace the door speakers cuz they are stock. I heard the JL c5 6 1/2s and they sounded nice. If there is something that will sound better for the money, let me know plz. For now I have to stick with this box so I'm trying to finish the system off with a new HU and door speakers. If I'm putting in door speakers, I want to try to get some bassy ones. NOW TELL ME WHICH DOOR SPEAKERS WILL BE MORE BASSY!!! (do ya like that word, bassy?) lol
I know someone who has a pair of 6.5 component polk and a polk 400.4 amp that I can get for around $200 ($150,$50 respectively). Sound good? That will leave me to need only a HU and one more pair of 6.5s and I will be done... for now.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 312
Your inside speakers are not going to produce bass like you are thinking. They are meant for highs and mid-bass. Your bass that is going to "fill" the car is going to come from your subs, that is their purpose. Your in car speakers go ~80 Hz + and your subs handle the Hz below 80. If you wanted your inside speakers to sound their best, you'd have to custom build enclosures for them to fit into the door and that is going to take a lot of time and money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us