Can't get the hu to turn on. help plz im lost

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 284
so last week sometime my girlfriends hu just shut off. Its a dual so i automatically think its cuz its a p.o.s.. so i bought her a new pioneer hu hooked it up and it wouldnt turn on either. i tested my power and ground wire runnin to the hu with a dmm, it read 12.36 but the hu still wont turn on. so then i check her fuse box, everything is fine. checked the fuse on the hu its fine. so i take the both hu's and hooked them up to a battery i have sittin around just to test them and both of them work. my next guess was the wiring harness but she said that the rear defrost button thats right above ur hu isnt lightin up or working either(quit workin the same day). all other lights n buttons work fine.any ideas wat it could be? im lost

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16029
if there is a fuse box in the engine bay check that out too .....

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 276
lose ground wire?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7917
your acc fuse is likely blown.

check the red wire on ur aftermarket harness...it should read 12v+ with ignition on and open with ignition off.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 285
when i check the the positive and ground on the hu. it read 0.xx with ignition off and once i turn it over but dont start it it goes up to 12.xx so im pretty the ground is fine. i checked the fuse box by the engine it looked fine but i didnt pull them all out and check. where would the acc fuse be? the radio fuse was fine so i didnt know

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10984
HUs have 2 power wires one constant and one switched... i betting you didn't check both

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 286
Yellow is constant correct? No I didn't check it, I'll have time to mess with it tomorrow. If that is the problem wat do I do to fix it?

So besides checking constant power and check fuses again. Anything else I should try if those things aren't the problem?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7919
on the after market harness red is switched, yellow is constant.

yea...either constant or switched power is dead.

if the constant is dead go thru thwe fuse boxes with a fine toothed comb. if all else fails on the 12v cont. side, hit the stock under the hood fuse block with a fused tap.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 294
Alright so it is the constant power wire. Tested it with a dmm got 2. Something.wat do I do to fix that?

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 295
Bump

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10994
Look for a blown fuse in the fuse panel. If not that then you have a break in the circuit somewhere

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 296
Alright thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us