Question on AudioQue products

Username: Eforman

Post Number: 3
First off hello! I've been reading these boards for quite some time now and just recently decided to sign up.

My question today is about AQ products. I've seen alot of people recomending their amps on these boards. This has me considering one of the 2200D for my next setup.

Right now I am running one Boston SPG555 on an Alpine PDX1000.1. When it warms up I am adding another SPG and therefore need more power. I've been leaning towards a Rockford T1500-1bd since the birthsheets state around 1800 watts at 1 ohm. The AQ2200D has me questioning this though.

Basically which would I be better off buying in terms of power and how clean the amps are. Assume they are both the same price.

Bronze Member
Username: Dkeezy

Houston, TX

Post Number: 12
If you havent already, go to Audioque's website http://www.audioque.com/ and read wut they're all about. I have yet to witness or experience their products but after reading their entire website, they seem convincing of making quality products that will perform at best. I just ordered my AQ1200d and waiting for it to arrive; can't wait! Im sure a couple of others that have had experience with Aduioque products will shed some more light on you jus as they have done me.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 303
I havn't had any experience with them myself but a lot of people who have seem to be really pleased with them. Now, is it because this is the only amp they have dealt with before and so it appears to be amazing to them, or are they comparing it to similar amps and are still saying they're that good. I personally don't know. If I had to get a new amp, I'm not certain I would get an AQ over a more reputable name. However, I do agree they are a good deal. If being on a budget is key, they would be the smart choice. If I was set on building a solid set-up though I may still go with a more familiar name. The main consideration would be how clean the power may be. I've seen people talk about the dampening on JL amps for example and how clean it makes their amps. I would fear that "cheaper" amps may not produce as clean of sound. I guess this would lead to the type of set-up you were doing as well, SPL or SQ.

Username: Eforman

Post Number: 4
I am running more of an SQ system. The Bostons are SQ subs that get pretty loud. I want enough clean power to push them hard but without much distortion. I don't want to be swapping VC all the time.

I definately would not go JL since their amps are way overpriced for what you get. Doesn't anyone have experience with any of the AQ amps?

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 314
AudioQue is a solid company, you will like.

Username: Bobby3342

Post Number: 3
i have an audioque 1200d powering 2 re audio se 12s and it never cuts out you can beat on it all day and it wont cut out .there are better amps out there but not for that price no way. you do need at least a 130 amp alt if your gonna run it at 1 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7554
pending your budget im selling a pair of sundown saz1500ds.. one of those will sure do the job. 300ea + shipping

aq amps are decent budget amps.. but there are better.

pics here for 1500ds - http://carstereoforum.net/showthread.php?t=4304

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12813
Audioque makes a good amplifier. So does Sundown audio if you want some alternatives to RF. RF makes good stuff. They were our biggest competition back in the early 90s when I was an Orion and PPI dealer. The shop across town handled RF, and it was an endless debate over who was better. Things changed a bit when Orion and PPI were bought out by their parent company (DEI) and RF went up and down in quality for a bit, then leveled back out as a good company.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 479
For the price I'd go with the Sundown 1500D for sale. Pretty good deal.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7560
priced to move :P .. trying to get another D9 for the s10

not trying to push a sale. AQ makes good budget amps.. i personally would not run them but im not telling you not to

Post Number: 4
WHY WOULD NT YOJU RUN AQ AMPS JACK HAVE YOU EVER RUN ONE? OR HAD ONE? JUST CURIOUS?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12828
I think your capslock key is broken, sir.

Post Number: 5
i fixed it hah

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7561
ive seen many in the lanes of competition locally. they were fine.. some switched amps to another 1200-1500rms and gained dB

some others had issues with them going into protect.

they are good budget amps.. but i'd stick to a zenon board amp over it any day. you get what you pay for in car audio. they will put out power but don't expect it to be the cleanest signal or as efficient as some of the other more expensive amps.

now not saying some of the more expensive amps might not be any better pending what were talking about

Username: Mlstrass

Illinois

Post Number: 2
Jacob has tested the AQ3500 and it did rated power. SD did 300-400watts more for $250 more.

AQ is VERY hard to beat when it comes to price/performance ratio.

You seem to have ZERO experience with AQ amps, so you're speculating at best. I own AQ and SD amps and both have peformed as expected and both companies offer excellent CS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us