A trade i need help on respond as soon as u can plz

Username: Gutteer

Post Number: 3
2 12" audiobahns in a ported box alpine v12 amp 2 10" alpine type Ss (might be blown guy hears a rattling sound when they play) and a 10" dual bandpass box?? is this good for one Alpine type X

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2132
No.

Post Number: 4
y id be getting all that stuff for trading away 1 alpine type X

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 299
The alpine type X is a good sub. A pre fab box is no good, anything audiobahn is no good, the type S' are a base model line. Alpine amps are nice, but why have a decent amp with no decent subs to play.

Post Number: 5
y does audiobahn suck??

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5396
1. they sound like sh!t
2. poorly made
3. overpriced

but mainly sound like sh!t

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4198
it's a well-known fact audibahn uses chrome and flames to sell their subs... the amps aren't totally bad for the money but the subs all stink. they sound muddy and the build quality is not up to par with other companies.

Post Number: 6
o ok well thank you for the input if u have any other advice id appreciate it

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2961
If a type S is blown it's worthless imo. Not worth fixing.

What alpine amp is it? v12 is just a series not a specific model. If the AB's are immortals then It might be worth it only if the type s's are not blown. I say this just because you could part everything on ebay and mayybbe come out better.

Post Number: 7
well im lookin to just keep what i want for a system and sell the rest

Gold Member

Post Number: 2133
My reasoning is you could possibly be trading a good subwoofer for a bunch of crap.

Just have to assume the audiobahn stuff is junk, the amp is probably one of the lower output models judging by the subs. They type-s subs may or may not be fine and the box probably sucks.

Overall you have a much better chance of sounding good/getting loud with the 1 type-x imo. At least you know it works.

Post Number: 8
i have 2 of them i cant afford 2 power them thats y i want 2 get rid of them

Gold Member

Post Number: 2135
Sell one and buy an amp.
Why would you get subs you can't afford to power? I've never regretted doing something right even if it was expensive I was happy with the results, but I've kicked myself in the azz every time I cheaped out or went the easy way.

If you can't wait to afford power seriously just run 1 sub and build a nice ported box. If you're going for SQ 1000w on a single sealed type-x sounds great to my ears anyway.

Post Number: 9
true well would some one help me with box dimensions for a single or something cuz id have no idea wut 2 do id like the deepest hardest bass i can get with it

Gold Member

Post Number: 2136
Need the dimensions of the trunk or area where the sub will be. I like the sound of a sealed type-x in about 1-1.2ft net. Ported go about 2ft @ 32hz.

Post Number: 10
thats the thing i dont have a car yet just a truck and thats not gonna even fit

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
and i didnt buy them i got them from my father as a gift because he no longer does the sub thing

Silver Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 141
"thats the thing i dont have a car yet just a truck and thats not gonna even fit"

???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i dont have a car 2 put them in so the and the subs wudnt even come close 2 fitting in my truck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
bump

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 300
Is your truck a single cab or do you have any space behind the seats? If you have some room I'd say you could sell those 2 type X woofers for a decent amount of money. Take that and get you a decent quailty amp and maybe 1 or 2 smaller subs, 10s or even 8s depending on the room you have, and go from there. If you're a little short on money after selling the type Xs then save up some dough and do your set-up over time. It's better to get good quality stuff over time and do it right then get whatever you can and just throw it together. If you're looking for a good amp for a reasonable price, check out Audioque or keep your eyes open on forums with people selling their amps.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16026
audiobahn has been out of business about 2yrs going which speaks volumes about them ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2137
Why don't you measure the dimensions you have for subs? If you can't fit 1 12 sealed what were you going to do with the ported or bandpass enclosure you were considering trading for?

If you can't fit the type-x 12s then sell them and post up a budget of what you get from them to buy a new setup. We can suggest equipment from there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
im not looking for a setup for my truck i want them sold so i can get 2 type Rs

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13558
how are you going to have room for the alpine type r's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
im getting all my stuff ready before i have my car so i can just hook it up and go

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1184
the type x will sound a lot better and be alot louder in your car then some type Rs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
i got that part i just want something i can afford 2 power and cuz the type Rs rms around 500 last time i checked and i have one 500 watt amp already i just need one more
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us