Hey every one

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2287
im thinking about buying CDTs ""UpStage" Ready Component System"
im thinking it prolly sounds pretty good.
but i can't find any for sale! any one know a place that sells them?
have u guys listened to this yet? any good? bad?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16016
check out those DLS comps on ebay instead - tweeter is not harsh as others , very nice midbass & its good value for $ ...

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2288
i think i found what ur looking at rovin!
is this what ur talking about?
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DLS-6-5-US6-2-SERIES-CAR-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-SET_W0QQitemZ 290310331223QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Speakers?hash=item4397d81b57#ht_2160wt_965
im not sure if i want silk tweets. i usually like the titanium better.. but the focals make my head hurt. i like my aluminum cdt tweets.. but this is a different ride!

i listened to some of these in the shop today. they sounded pretty good but its hard to tell because they were not in a car.
http://cgi.ebay.com/15-MCC6-MEMPHIS-6-5-MCLASS-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-NEW_W0QQitemZ1 20533581432QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Speakers?hash=item1c105c7e78#ht_4461wt_939

rovin im sure u know alot about this. what can i get for 500 bucks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16020
whats ur max budget

somehow the ads on the side of ur post are blocking the numbers so i cant see it

i have cdt hd62 in my wagon & they sound pretty good but doesnt do as well on the lower notes like around 50hz as it does on the higher notes like say 60+ , its tweeter is also passively crossed a bit too low so it does sound harsh with certain singers that enunciate rather heavily with S words (no i dont mean the sh1t word)

artist like air supply & celine dion : when they sing words that start with or end with a S u can hear the harshness ...so id advise that u walk with ur cd or usb stick with such singers when u go for a in store demo

but generally speaking the tweeter on DLS is what makes them famous & midbass is very good too ...of course ur doors shud be dampened to get the max midbass out of any comp set ...

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2289
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DLS-6-5-US6-2-SERIES-CAR-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-SET_W0QQitemZ 290310331223QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Speakers?hash=item4397d81b57#ht_2160wt_965
this is the link for the DLS

http://cgi.ebay.com/15-MCC6-MEMPHIS-6-5-MCLASS-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-NEW_W0QQitemZ1 20533581432QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Speakers?hash=item1c105c7e78#ht_4461wt_939
and this is for the others i found

my budget it 500 for the comp set. it is possible my budget goes down a little before i get to but in the next few weeks.
but is that the same DLS set up u r talkingabout?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16021
2 way right ? .... with a 500 budget u can get a great set

have heard the MS6 & Iridium i think it was - both sound awesome but new 2010 models have come out so check it out 1st : http://www.dls.se/en/car/prod.html?produkt=en_16 ....

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2959
I bought my cdt's through ExigeAudio, very easy guy to deal with.

http://www.exigeaudio.com/

sales@exigeaudio.com

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4295
exige is vertexaudio now.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2290
ya exigeaudio/vertexaudio emailed me back one time but have not returned any of my emails. so i guess ill look for an other place to buy from.
thanks rovin. do u know any one that is a dls dealer?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16022
in my country yes we have 1 - ...i know sometimes ppl forget or dont realise im in the Caribbean ...

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2291
o,. i didn't know that.
what do u have to say about 3-way and 2-way sets?
i have never listened to a 3-way set. do usually sound better?

man.... living in the caribbean.. must be nice

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16023
isnt really a paradise since its really HOT here... past 2 days have been high 90s , thank goodness for a\c

3way does sound better since now u have 3 dedicated drivers each doing a specified task however u will have a problem of where to fit that 3rd driver which will require some custom work ...unless ur a audiophile or willing to do that extra work i advise 2way ...

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2130
I would try Vertex one more time:

Email: support@vertexaudio.com

Phone: 513-327-VRTX (8789)

Mike responded great when I purchased my Wardens. My cousin just bought 2 IA LI 15s and a 50' spool of Shok wire from him with great c/s as well. Gave me/us the hookup too ;)

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2293
well this is my summer project! so ill be making some kick panels and some stuff like that so i can get a 3-way set in to fit easy and make it look nice.

i wish vertex would email me back!
just looked at the vertex site! looks like he has grown a lot sense i ordered somethin from him last!

Bronze Member
Username: Vertexaudio

Post Number: 25
Luke, sorry bud, I've been way overloaded with all the Shok Industries orders and some stuff on a big CDT sale we've had lately. I'm responding to your emails right now. I apologize for the delay.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2294
well this is my summer project! so ill be making some kick panels and some stuff like that so i can get a 3-way set in to fit easy and make it look nice.

i wish vertex would email me back!
just looked at the vertex site! looks like he has grown a lot sense i ordered somethin from him last!

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 54
i have a set of some dls speakers and i absolutely love them. excellent highs and some of the best mids i have ever heard. But they dont really push out the bass, but i bought them knowing i dont need to worry about trying to control the bass in my car from the speakers, thats the reason for having a sub. theres no way speakers can do a subwoofers job and sound good.
but i guess dls 3 way speakers are very nice, but i have never heard any.
i would have to agree with rovin and say just stick with 2 ways

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2299
thanks vertex! this guy has the hook up!

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4308
dBLK, what is your current setup as of now? plans for the future?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us