How do i improve the SQ

Username: Graeme_k

Somerville, Victoria Australia

Post Number: 2
GDay all
Just bought a 1995 Holden Jackaroo V6 4x4 with a Pionneer DEH-7650 HU, Response 4 x 100wrms amp, Pioneer TS-c1625 component speakers up front and TS-e1695 3 ways fitted to the rear doors.
The amp is running all 4 speakers on the front channels (2ohms) with the rear channels bridged to run a Response 12" sub (2 x 8ohm coils)
The install looks ok with thick speaker wire, sound proof in doors and 4 gauge power cable.

My problem is with the SQ, it goes loud with plenty of bass slam from the sub, but up front the sound is very harsh and becomes annoying after a while, it gets a bit muddled up at high volumes too
I cant aford to change the whole system in one hit and it certainly would not have been my choice, but where do you guys think I should start to improve the SQ first, amp speakers etc even differant configeration !
Been reading some of Glasswolf stuff and on the weekend may put a 25w 8ohm resistor on the rear speakers this should lower the volume in the back and take the load off the amp.

I listen to mostly rock
I have been looking at a JL amp, but in OZ they are $900 so it will most likely be the cadence Z400 4 ch at $530

any apinions accepted

Unregistered guest
Hey Uncle G
Go the Cadence You know you want to !

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3841
use L-Pads on the rear speakers.. or just use the radio's fader.
much better solution than a fixed resistor
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us