Head Unit w/ JL 750 hd amp: Will LOC work well?

Bronze Member
Username: Jay_boy

Rochester, NY Usa

Post Number: 12
Wow! I've heard so many different opinions. Do LOCs work well or not? HU has no Navigation system; just XM and steering wheel controls.

09 Elantra, JL hd 750 amp, JL metawire install kit for 2 amps, 2 8w7s and sealed box.

Again, can I use a LOC (how many channel?), If so, why does JL sell a cleansweep for a whopping $200? Is it for HU w/Nav system?

Thanks everyone

Bronze Member

Rochester, NY Usa

Post Number: 13
Obviously I'm talking about keeping my STOCK HU. lol

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13542
You did everything else right get an new headunit that will be the best bet for improvement in sound

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13543
try this cd player for excellent sound quality and options which also include time alignment

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21673_Eclipse+CD5030.html

Bronze Member

Rochester, NY Usa

Post Number: 14
Sean. Thank you much, you are helpful. If I'm reading the Eclipse HU correctly, there is an extra part that I can purchase for around $70 that will allow me to continue to use my steering wheel controls. Correct? Now what about my XM that is in my HU?

Bronze Member

Rochester, NY Usa

Post Number: 15
Wait, they have that accessory also for $110. I'm up to $400 for the HU and accessories. ouch! I may have to wait a while to do that. This stuff is expensive. 2 subs, box, amp, wiring kit and remote knob and I'm in for $1300 (and that is with shopping around a lot). $400 more for the deck and a couple hundred for install of it all. $2k total. I didn't expect to be in this deep. In spite of all i have said, people still say it will sound just "ok". Hopefully it will be loud enough to cover my screaming! lol

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10979
Stock headunits often have amplifiers or preamps built in that alter the sound... on modern systems the signal usually get screwed with somewhere long the line before it gets to the speakers which makes using an LOC less than ideal... those signal processors like the JL are supposed to be able to "clean up" the signal somewhat... imo it is not worth the price though unless there is no other option.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us