New subs, can't decide on one so need suggestions

Bronze Member
Username: Dstokes

Monterey, California

Post Number: 24
Alright here are the new subs im looking at and im gonna get dual 12's with custom enclosure. So what do you guys think? Audiopulse AXIS, Alpine Type X, RE Audio MX, DC level 4, FI BTL, Audioque HDC3, Incriminator Audio Death Penalty, SSA XCON, or Sundown Audio Nightshade?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 295
Depends on what you're looking for, SPL or SQ, or a mixture of both. I lean toward SQ so I'd say the Xcon. If you want SPL, the Nightshade or BTL would do nice.

Bronze Member

Monterey, California

Post Number: 25
Well I want as much SPL as possible but I don't want them sounding shitty, I mainly listen to rap but also rock and country

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 44
well you listed the audiopulse axis.. so i would say that. it seems like your not worried about spending money. So get those! From personal experience the audiopulse hit a very wide range of frequencies and sound good doing it. But i only had 1 12.. so since you say you listen to rock and country as well i see that being perfect for you. But 2 subs that can handle 5000 watts to listen to country... i guess if thats want you want

Bronze Member

Monterey, California

Post Number: 26
Ya well I can turn them down cuz I won't be playing them full blast on country, but it's mainly rap I listen to

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
ok well what amp are you going to use? and what have you done for your electrical? or what will you do?

Bronze Member

Monterey, California

Post Number: 27
I've I have a 200 amp alt and optima yellow top battery, and I'm gonna get a new capacitor after my subs, I'm waiting to choose my amp after picking my subs so I know what wattage to get

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
well any of those subs will work for you. I personally want to get some type x's but it would be for an all out sq system. But the alt is good, you may need another battery.. depending how much power your going to run. and do the big 3 as well. But dont buy a capacitor. use that money for the big 3 or another battery. sounds like you have a plan going though! Goodluck

Bronze Member

Monterey, California

Post Number: 28
Ya I will, any suggestions on amps?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11833
You're all over the map there with those subs Dan. Give us a max budget bud.

Bronze Member

Monterey, California

Post Number: 32
I'm not really sure I just want to get some ideas to power subs like the AP axis

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 272
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=293-620&source=googleps

on sale for 300$

Bronze Member

Monterey, California

Post Number: 34
Ya that's why I'm really looking hard at them, 300 is damn cheap for those
« Previous Thread Next Thread »