Amp Suggestion

Anonymous

Im planning on using two 12 inch Alpine SWS-1242D and I want to power both through a single amp and i was wondering what amp would work the best for doing this. Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 92
I would get a JBL 1200.1. This'll be best because obviously, the Class D amps are more efficient thus saving you on amperees coming from the alternator, and this amp can run two of these subs at 600 watts and a total load of 4 ohms. This is nice because it will not have as much harmonic distortion if you were to get the 600 watt JBL and wire it down to a lower load. So... this is my recommendation. They're about 250 on ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 226
WHAT?????? Man those are 200 watt subs and you are telling him a JBL1200.1?????? If he puts that to those they will shoot out of the frame and hit him in the head. THATS WAY TO MUCH. If anything get a JBL 600.1 and turn it DOWN. Because those subs only take 400 watts together.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 227
WHAT?????? Man those are 200 watt subs and you are telling him a JBL1200.1?????? If he puts that to those they will shoot out of the frame and hit him in the head. THATS WAY TO MUCH. If anything get a JBL 600.1 and turn it DOWN. Because those subs only take 400 watts together.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us