Sub Comparison, Same Power

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3243
Would a 12" RE SE (600 rms) be significantly louder compared to a 12" Diamond D3 (400 rms) in the same sealed enclosure. I'm guessing no, but looking for input.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4304
I wouldn't think so.. Either way they are both nice subs.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1956
having heard both in ported applications my opinion probably wont help much but i would get the d3 i though it sounded a little better than the se.

if all you have is 600 rms amp that leaves you with no head room for the se and a solid 200 watts of head room on the d3 plus in a sealed box you wont have a problem mechanically (assuming it built to spec) with either sub it will be thermally limited and 600 rms wont cook the coils on either (assuming clean signal)

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1775
What amp do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3244
500/1...

i have a 12" d3 in a spec sealed box, but I want to be a little louder without changing amps. And the only thing I can think to do is go with the 12w7 high output box. Some people don't like it or don't think its loud, but i tested my buddy's in my car and really liked it but I would consider other, SIMILAR, setups without changing amps.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1960
just build a ported box for the d3.

if you have money then get the w6 in the h/o box. w7 will be to under powered to reach potential imo

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13487
The w6 is one of the best sounding subs ive heard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us