Town car

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2620
Im wondering how big of box can roughly fit in the back if anyone has done an install. Its for a 2000-2002 lincoln towncar. I know 4 12's are popular but i was thinkin 2 15's or 18's if they fit. and since the trunk is completely separated from the cab, i was wondering if anyone has made the port for the box that goes up through the rear deck? is this possible?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10965
Port into the cab and subs in the trunk would sound terriable... best thing would be to vent the trunk into the cabin. Make a cutout in the rear deck, use some thin fabric to dress it up, something along those lines.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5623
Sawzall that b!tch. But don't make it too huge because that piece acts like a brace for the body. And we sometimes make an MDF cutout and brace that in the behind the seat wall. Venting through the back seat is the only way in those cars.

MS is right, what you would mostly hear is the exagerrated lows of the port and none of the attack of the subs.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10967
That reminded me another thing you can sometimes do is if theres a fold-down armrest in the seat you can cut out behind it and vent it that way.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2621
alright that helps i just trying to think of ideas, but does anyone know how big of box can fit back there? is there room for 2 18's?

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1954
i wouldnt push 2 18's maybe sealed but ported will be really tight. if your not forward firing and sealing off to the cabin its good to leave space around the sides and top of the box so the bass can vent into the cabin. unless your porting your rear deck you will want space so the bass can travel through the rear seats.

if you want to port the rear deck build it like a suv. subs up port back (or subs back if they will fit) and build it tight to the sides and bottom of the opening by the seats. all the bass will come through your ported deck that way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us