New sub & amp

Username: Souleraser

Post Number: 1
Planning on getting rid of my very first amp and sub. Im talking about a Rockford Fosgate 500rms p3d212 in factory ported box and a Sony Xplod XM-ZZR3301 600w rms amp. Had the amp running at 1ohm even though its not 1 ohm stable just to squeeze every drop of power out of it. Had no problems with the pair but I guess I just want something better now that I've learned more about audio. Im going toward a JL 12w7 because of the w7's well known SQL powered by slash 1000/1 v2 but I also have Orion's 12" HCCA in mind together with the HCCA25001. I only want one sub, so its one or the other. Im worried about the quality of sound the HCCA would give, though cuz im really trying to focus on sound quality with SPL not just SPL. It would really help me to hear each sub in action before making a decision, but I dont know anyone that owns either sub. Thats why i would like to know what you guys think of each sub and how they compare to each other. Perhaps im going in the wrong direction, maybe there are better subs to consider... help me out.

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 276
JL is good, but overpriced.

Look into:

Fi
Audioque
Alpine
Sundown
RE
Digital Designs

What is your budget for everything?

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 269
and for your amp look for AQ, sundown, RD.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 283
I'm thinking about it, but not set, on selling my 12 w7. It's in a custom built ported enclosure made by Dustin on here (Bassman3). It's 2 cubic foot tuned at 32 Hz. The sub is in great condition, I recently had a little boy and have been using my car's trunk for more than just holding my sub lately. I feel I may down size to a different sub that requires a smaller box so I have some trunk space left over. Let me know if you're interested.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 284
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uujb9CmCsHc

Username: Souleraser

Post Number: 2
Thanks to all that replied.
Smith, I checked out those brands you mention and they sound like great quality woofers, but I want to stick to the JL w7 even if its a bit more pricey. Money its not the issue im not under a budget. Skdooley, I appreciate the offer, but I want to know how it feels to open a freshly new subwoofer package, I've never had that experience.

If you guys had plenty of money to spend on a new Sub would you go for the W7 or a HCCA? Just curious.}

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11817
No offense but how does anyone have the audacity to sit here and even suggest to anyone that they buy anything from RD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us