WTF is this?

Bronze Member
Username: Nickadam55

Columbia MO, Missouri

Post Number: 87
BLANK is the next generation of high definition bass solutions. It efficiently energizes the listeners auditory cortex without pressurizing surrounding air by transmitting information via bone harmonics and other direct stimulus routes. BLANK localizes bass and reduces "noise pollution" by increasing the portion of tactile sound as "felt" by only the listener.

This is an IBeam from RF

someone want to put this in real terms? or has anyone had any experences with it?

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Central Florida

Post Number: 10785
linky?
pic-y?
something-y?

Bronze Member

Columbia MO, Missouri

Post Number: 88
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?item_id=112065

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 791
Its a Tactile Transducer. DUUUUHHH..

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 792
A tactile transducer or "bass shaker" is a device which is made on the principle that low bass frequencies can be felt as well as heard. A shaker transmits low-frequency vibrations into various surfaces so that they can be felt by people. This is called tactile sound. Tactile transducers may augment or in some cases substitute for a subwoofer.

A bass-shaker is meant to be firmly attached to some surface such as a seat, couch or floor. The shaker houses a small weight which is driven by a voice coil similar to those found in dynamic loudspeakers. The voice-coil is driven by a low-frequency audio signal from an amplifier; common shakers typically handle 25 to 50 watts of amplifier power. The voice coil exerts force on both the weight and the body of the shaker, with the latter forces being transmitted into the mounting surface.

Tactile transducers may be used in a home theater, a commercial movie theater, or for special effects in an arcade game, amusement park ride or other application.

Related to Bass Shakers are a newer type of Tactile Transducer referred to as "Linear Actuators." These piston-like electromagnetic devices are said to transmit motion in a direct and lossless fashion. Linear Actuators directly and physically lift home theater seating in the vertical plane rather than transferring vibrations (by mounting within a seat, platform or floor). This technology is said to transmit a high-fidelity sound-motion augmentation, whereas "Shakers" may require heavy equalization and/or multiple units to approach a realistic effect.[citation needed]

There are other products now on the market which employ hydrualic (long-throw) linear actuators and outboard motion processors for home applications as popularized in "virtual reality" rides. These products differ radically from tactile transducers in that they require the manual composition and synchronized playback of motion signals, in addition to the standard soundtrack that the motion is meant to accompany.

Bronze Member

Columbia MO, Missouri

Post Number: 89
Thanks Dom

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 793
word.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13406
they can come up with all kinds of so called solutions but nothing beats the real thing

Platinum Member

Central Florida

Post Number: 10790
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?item_id=112065

ahhhh...thats better. :-)

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13414
anybody want to try it for 350

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Sorry, I have a new 20...

Post Number: 1536
bass shakers have no place in car audio. If you really want to try them i think madisounds sells some made by Aura sounds(i would trust this company much more than RF) but they weren't made for in car use

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22111
Well they ARE good in gaming chairs lol.

Silver Member
Username: Dlavante

D&L Audio Tech. , Daniel Corvallis, O...

Post Number: 248
They've been selling this at PE for a while now

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-920&ctab=1#T abs

I've always wanted to try one of these things but I can't bring myself to pay a couple hundred just to try something

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13422
exactly my point on the post above

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5599
I have been using the Buttkicker Concert series tranducer attached to my drum throne on tour for almost 10 years. It has allowed me to reduce the sound level at my sitting position in the 50-180hz range by almost 20dB. This has saved my hearing according to my audiologist. I used to tour with my own Sound Image boxes for my drum monitors. The rig consisted of one 18" JBL 2242 sub with a top cab that housed two JBL 12" 2206 and a 2" 2446 high frequency driver. Now, I tour with just one Sound Image wedge that houses a 12" woofer and 2" driver. And the FOH tech rolls out the lows with a HP filter so that the wedge doesn't see any lows under 180hz.

And Buttkicker also makes the Silent Subwoofer series especially for cars. They do work great, and anyone who says they don't, hasn't experienced one. I have also seen (and owned) Aura Bass Shakers that work excellent in cars as well. You have only one set of ears, and once they are damaged, it's permanent.

Platinum Member

Central Florida

Post Number: 10792

quote:

You have only one set of ears, and once they are damaged, it's permanent.

THIS!!

Silver Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 108
Also this apparently lets you feel the frequencies which are out of audible hearing range its basically a big electromagnet which shakes the car.

X2 me too, i always wanted to try this, there's actually quite a few reviews on this but it is pricey

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2955
I've never experienced a "bass shaker" but I can imagine that they actually work quite well in car audio. For example, the port on my previous sub box in my truck was facing the back of my drivers seat, and when you got down to 40hz and below the seat shook so hard it blurred the sh!t out of my vision, and it made the bass seem twice as loud.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13427
You have only one set of ears, and once they are damaged, it's permanent.

You got that right. For life.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5187
Ive seen them attached to chairs in high end, (and low end ) HT set ups.
Some movie theateres employ them as well to enhance the dolby.Also, amusment park rides.

In the science community, they are used to send signals to elephants,
The elephants havent said yet if it works, and also to bring worms to the surface.

I would be worried about it shaking stuff loose on my car. They need to be securly attahced to the frame.

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 796
^ thats why I don't like using ear buds for my iTouch.
Don't trust any of that shitt THAT close to my ears.
Anyone know the vibration range a "bass shaker" like the 1 listed has?

P.S. Bass Shaker is a HORRIBLE name.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
Its supposed to be able to go to 5hz from what i remember

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5602

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
scrap what i said frequency response is 20Hz - 800Hz, im not sure where i saw it goes to 5hz but whatever if its up to 20hz than no point in getting one

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13437
"The elephants havent said yet if it works"

LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us