Box for 15" Audiopulse Revo help

Gold Member
Username: Cplaya280

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1015
I currently have a 15" audiopulse revo in a 3.5cu 32hz, And i would like to know if somebody could build me a new box for this sub, i'm thinking 34-35hz how much of a difference of sound would 34hz be compared to 35hz. If anybody can make me a box or know of some good websites that do boxes that would be great.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 265
hit up bassman3

Bronze Member
Username: Cod1989

Allen Park, MI USA

Post Number: 29
When I get my money up for a 15" and a ported box I'm probably going through this dude unless I can find someone who will make me a stylish box for cheaper.
http://www.mwcaraudio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=342

From looking at his price guide I estimate $300 for the box I want;Slot ported, 4 CuFt, Tuned to 32 hz, 3/4" Birch wood, 45ed corners, Rounded port walls and port face, Routed dados, and Two layers of fiberglass resin on the inside.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5338
Yes, Mike does some nice enclosures as well. It depends on how stylish you want chris, i could do everything AMI does or FC for about the same price.

Chris, I do enclosures and am getting a website up soon as well. As far as sound difference, you wont notice anything between 34-35hz especially if it is slot ported because calculating slot ports will vary in length depending on what site/program you use and could vary as much as 4" which is a whole 4hz difference in most cases. As far as going from 32hz to mid 30's you should notice a little more upper end and your low end will decrease just a tad. It all depends on what kind of sound your looking for..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5339
Birch is very expensive as well and from what I have experimented with MDF vs. Birch, there is no major difference.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 266
^^ be leave to my home boy lol ^^

Gold Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1016
the 34-35 seems right to me how ur descrbing it how the low end will still be basically the same but i will notice more upper end bass which im trying to get a little more of. How soon could you make the box just looking for a basic MDF slot ported between 34-35hz tuned box. When could you get to it and and what do you charge. I see other members are asking you for enclosures to so i'm guessing your pretty busy and wont get to it for a little while?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13396
If you want the low end tune (32 Hz) with more upper bass go with a smallish to medium sized enclosure.

Gold Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1017
i have a 32hz box right now that im using and i'm not satisfied with the upper bass it produces which is why im thinking of 34-35hz and then incase if i also decide to sell the subwoofer and get a Death Penalty or Nightshade which im also intrested in at sometime i would have a box already made.

What is considered smallish to medium. right now i'm using 3.5cuft

Bronze Member
Username: Cod1989

Allen Park, MI USA

Post Number: 30
Ok then I will use mdf. It would save me much money.
But here is a rough design of what I want mine to look like, although I won't have money for awhile this is what I want;

Upload

The outer casing would be painted black and extend an inch or so from the face so there is an overhang. inside of that would be a wooden insert painted white that fills the depth of the overhang. behind that would be the actual face of the enclosure, painted black. If your looking at the face of the enclosure the sub cutout would go on the right and the port would go on the left, I would want the inside of the port painted white and inbetween the port and the sub I would like the Fi logo lettering like how it is on the example.

But yeep thats what I want done with the same stuff as my other post accept I dont have to have birch he just said its lighter and stronger. I'm not going to have money for this for awhile but I'll for sure be doing it sooner or later through one of you. :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13401
id go 3 cf even

Gold Member

Post Number: 5341
hmm, FI logo might be tough. I believe AMI has a hook up with a CNC who engraves it for him..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5342
I could try playing around with some stuff and see how it would come out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5343
Chris, send me an email and we can work everything out there. It's in my profile
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us