What to power this? PLEASE HELP!!!

Username: Ruski4banger

Post Number: 7
Hi guys.. I posted something similar to this in the sub section and I have an amp question now.
I just bought an Audiobahn Alum12x with (either 3 Ohm dual coils or 6 ohm dual coils still hast been cleared up anyone who knows please hlep me)1000 watts RMS sub ($75 used but in excelent condition)... a sealed box ($30 new), 4 gauge wire kit ($25 new)

I konw you're all gonna say that audiobahn sucks but to tell you the truth for thep price ^^^there I think it will do me good.

So anyways can i get anything for $200 to power this sucker? Ive been looking into getting the Audiobahn A8002T Amp...
here are the stats:
2 - Channel
2 Ohms Stable Stereo
2 x 200 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms Stereo
2 x 400 Watts RMS @ 2 Ohms Stereo
800 x 1 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms Mono (Bridged)
Air Intake Cooling Fan
18 dB Bass Boost
S/N Ratio: > 100 dB
Variable Subsonic Filter: 20 Hz - 50 Hz
Variable High Pass Crossover (18 dB): 50 Hz - 750 Hz
Variable Low Pass Crossover (18 dB): 50 Hz - 120 Hz
Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 40 KHz (+/- 1 dB)
THD: 0.02%

and im planning on connecting the coils in parallel and connecting the bridged amp to it... Im concerned that the Ohms dont match up and that the amp will heat up.

So anyways long story short can i use the Chrome (audiobahn) or is there a better alternative for $200?

Username: Toneloc

Post Number: 8
i'm not sure of a better alternative for $200 but i know that the audiobahn amps suck. I've seen those amps mess up one to many times. A rockford fosgate amp will run you about 250 and those extra fifty bucks is worth it.

Post Number: 8
so if there is no better alternative is it SAFE to run a bridged amp 800RMS @ 4 ohms with a syb that has only 3 ohms? Would it have huge aftereffects? btw the amp claims to have a self cooling system so im hoping that by dropping my rear seats it will get enough cool air and not heat up with the lack of resistance? As you guys can tell im very new to this and this is only my second attemp to gettina a "sound system" the first being a JL sub with a kenwood amp, but Ive probably messed something up real nice because it sounded worse than my speakers...
Am I just talking bull right now?

Post Number: 9
so if there is no better alternative is it SAFE to run a bridged amp 800RMS @ 4 ohms with a syb that has only 3 ohms? Would it have huge aftereffects? btw the amp claims to have a self cooling system so im hoping that by dropping my rear seats it will get enough cool air and not heat up with the lack of resistance? As you guys can tell im very new to this and this is only my second attemp to gettina a "sound system" the first being a JL sub with a kenwood amp, but Ive probably messed something up real nice because it sounded worse than my speakers...
Am I just talking bull right now?

Bronze Member
Username: Toneloc

Post Number: 15
your making sense but i dont think that your not talking very safe. You have to line up your amp with your ohms, but if the amp claims to have a self cooling system then i see your good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us