SQ features in HU's really that important?

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1929
What are your guys personal opinions about headunits.

Is a 24bit DAC all that important, how about time alignment, how about compressed file restoration(all my music is compressed), how about 2.5 volt pre-outs.

One of the reasons i ask is because the eclipse cd5030 is supposed to have really good noise free sq and it does not have a 24 bit dac

I got a few decks im looking at but i want to discuss these things first and then i will probably make a new thread.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 2591
That would be part of my criteria if I were to purchase another.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1930
^^^ so a cd5030 would not cut it for you then?

Bronze Member
Username: Vertexaudio

Post Number: 19
Time Alignment
"Enough" Equalization - Whatever your needs require...
Active Capable - Built-in Crossovers with "enough" options (preferably 4-way for 3-way front stage + substage)
>4V preouts

In a nutshell, check out the Pioneer DEX-P99RS for my definition of a "Sound Quality HU"

Silver Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 102
Time Correction is very important for sq, second a good eq is very important the more bands the better. This will allow you to normalize each frequency to guarantee the arrangement of instruments. Also x-overs which can djust the each pre-out seperately with frequency ranges are great at isolating certain instruments to each speakers. This is extremely important as Im assuming you connecting your speakers to an amp.

Option B could be just buying a cheaper deck and get a seperate eq that could do everything for you and you wouldnt touch any of the settings on the deck. THis acutally gives you the best functionailty.

Option C: If you didnt buy your amps yet you could get amps that have EQ's built in such as the DC reference series from Zapco, which again you dont touch any settings on the deck anduse the amp's eqs to adjust everything

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1931
i will probably go with option B except do i need a 24 bit dac? the eclipse cd5030 does not have one and supposedly has very good noise free sq.

On of the problems i had with my pioneer was a white noise at high volumes when tracks fade in and out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
You should go with the 24 bit dac its very important for decoding. One thing which i would look for which i even have to check mine is if it supports .flac audio (lossless) because its one of the best audio codecs for sound.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
you can also look at something like this

http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/cda-9886

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
the 24bit dac is the receivers ability to decode mp3 formats and other digitaly compressed music, if you only play audio cds the 24bit dac wont make a difference as most have a 1bit dac for that

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/185770.html

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1942
read that and im not convinced i need 24 bit still. I think im just going to buy my 590ib back. i liked that deck a lot and it sounded alright minus the white noise @ high volumes which supposedly is unavoidable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us