About the alternators

Bronze Member
Username: Smokeit

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 23
after trying to find a performance alt for my car i found this. it seems to be saying that if u r upgrading foraudio use u will also have to upgrade everything else(battery, charging system, and maybe the wiring for everything to work properly. http://www.zena.net/htdocs/alternators/AutoSound.shtml

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 24
this link is from an alternator distibutor that also says it is better to split the alt into two for 2 batteries and using caps also to handle the charge. whats up with this glass/jayj anybody

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 161
Smoke what are you going to be running?? (Power wise). Caps aren't going to do much if anything. They help to smooth out the voltage to the amp. They discharge their power very quick this is why it is best to run a decent size alternator and a yellow top deep cycle battery.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 25
im looking for an alternator and then i find this link that tells me inorder to do the alternator bla blah blah and then it says use more batteries and a cap.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 173
You don't need a cap just to run a larger alternator. I would recommend getting a yellow top deep cycle battery to go with that alternator and you should be fine. Don't waste your money on a cap.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3599
ideally yes you want a high output alternator, battery isolator, deepcycles for the audio system and high CCA battery for the starter, capacitance for peak momentary draws, and heavy cable for everything above.
that's what happens when you get into high power systems and want the proper charging system.. it's not cheap.

check with www.4alterstart.com
they do a LOT of audio system alternator setups
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us