AP going back to TC

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1923
i received this email from parts express today when i asked about the axis 12's

"Hi Mark-

It turns out Audiopulse is changing their name to TC Sounds. We will be adding their product line under the new name within the next few weeks. However, we still have six (293-630) Audiopulse LM10D2 available at $505.75 each.

Thanks again,

Kim
Customer Service Team
Parts Express International
800/338-0531
sales@parts-express.com
www.parts-express.com"

Interesting

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15947
hmmm

iirc didnt TC sounds file for bankruptcy so thats why they reformed as AP since they couldnt use that old name again ? ...

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1925
not sure but i figured id post it here cuz it confused me as well

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5594
12-02-09, 05:14 PM

Hello,

Here is the latest information on our new products.

Originally, we thought they would be ready to ship the first week of December. Due to some unforeseen material issues that date has changed to the end of January.

We apologize for the delay but want to reassure you that it is well worth the wait.
These are going to be the best speakers we have ever made. You will not be disappointed. We have a new superior assembly method for which we retooled the production line making each driver more precise. In addition, we have new packaging and a new packaging method. Now you will receive your motor separate from the top assembly. We will provide the screws and a wrench with instructions on how to assemble the top assembly to the motor.
There are numerous changes and improvements to each of the drivers, when compared to the current AudioPulse drivers on our website. Here's a brief summary on each of our products.

The Epic 10" and 12" have a larger shorting ring, a new spider design, and a high temperature stainless steel voice coil former to prevent eddy currents. The Epic is the only driver that will not have a detachable top assembly.

The Revo 12" and 15" are now called the LMS-R 12" and 15", it now have a 3" diameter LMS voice coil with stainless steel former, a shorting ring, a new dual 9.8" spider design, and a new detachable basket.

The Axis 12" and 15" have a longer winding length for even more linear excursion, and the 8-layer flat wound quad coil is wound on a stainless steel former with a very high temperature adhesive, giving it even more power handling. The spider has also been redesigned with quad leads in one spider for the highest durability.

The VMP's are completely redesigned with a special injection molded thread and holder that are adhered to the new indestructible 1mm thick Aluminum cone, allowing for easy adjustment of the passive radiator mass by simply adding or subtracting steel washers.

The Pro 18" is a brand-new design that uses an enormous radial Neo motor with 3" long magnets, the largest radial Neo motor in production! The cone is a sandwich composite PMI/Rohacell with fiberglass/epoxy. This is probably the best high-efficiency high -excursion Pro Audio driver ever made! In addition, it will most likely find applications in high SPL car audio installations as well.

If you currently own an old Aura Neo speaker that has failed, we now have the perfect replacement assembly for you! We have a top assembly that simply bolts on, with performance surpassed only by our Pro 18".

The LMS Ultra 5400 is our top of the line low frequency driver and has a 4" diameter LMS voice coil, with stainless steel former, shorting ring, new 11" diameter dual spider design, detachable basket, and new assembly method.

We are still accepting pre-orders. Please contact Julie at julie@tcsounds.com for more information on pre-orders or any other questions you have.

Please hang in there. We appreciate your patience!

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5595
And.... this is me talking now.... that also means that Mike over at SoundSplinter will finally start getting all the parts he needs to resume building the RL-i, RL-p and RL-s. Reports say he is hoping to start cranking again "first-quarter 2010".

This is most excellent news.

Word is that TC shipped the first of the pre-sale orders out on Monday the 8th.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4823
It would be nice to have tc sounds back. I hope the prices aren't crazy like the ap prices.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15958
good info

"""Now you will receive your motor separate from the top assembly. We will provide the screws and a wrench with instructions on how to assemble the top assembly to the motor."""

hmmm ....i know they are heavy & hard on the delivery guy's back but i prefer to not assemble a woofer myself .

Never had cause to do it b4 & id rather the experts send me a fully assembled sub but thats just me ....

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2946
Rovin I am guessing they are shipping them sepeaate to ensure the basket/softparts don't get damaged in shipping. If a basket gets dropped in shipping it likely wont get hurt, but if a 50+lb motor is bolted to it, well a basket would get destroyed lol.

It's cake to bolt them together, my LA storm (tc-3000) top assembly got put on in 30 sec, was a perfect snug fit and never had a problem with it coming loose.

If the prices go back down to around the same cost as when they were tc sounds, I think I know what brand of subs will be in my truck on the next setup

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22081
Good call on shipping unassembled IMO. I'm sure it saves a few pennies on their end in production and will certainly reduce DOAs. Not sure what two separate packages as apposed to one will do to shipping costs but I myself would prefer it this way.

I have to wonder, however, how many will end up flucking up the simple assembly process? Bottom line is you need to assume every customer is a moron and prepare accordingly. If the small % of customer returns expected due to elephant hands is shadowed by the overall savings in returns due to shipping then it is indeed a smart move.

However we all know what the shipping companies are made of and what they're capable of. I'm sure they'll be fighting hard to try and balance the scales.

The LMS Ultra is a beast. One sexy machine too. Be nice to see the price come back down out of the clouds.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2052
i seriously doubt a price reduction

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4824
Prices gotta go back to how they were before. When they turned into AP, the hype wasn't there anymore. And I'm sure sales weren't either.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4279
audiopulse/tc sounds? never heard of them

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23611
this is the type of news that will get me back in to car audio.

here i come.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 937
whats on your mind chad.....what setup you looking at?

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3426
What's up Chad.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5596
Chad, once you have tainted a vehicle with RD products you are not allowed to come back to TC Sounds.

Sorry buddy.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22084
God DAMN what I wouldn't do to get an LMS Ultra incorporated into my HT.

Oh wait, that means $$$$$.

For those who don't know, here's an old pic of one.

Upload
Upload

Yeah, me too.

Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23612
wassup guys. I am thinking a pair of epic 10.

Lol brad come on please let me get them.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2949
only let him use TC if he promises to get an LMS Ultra

I reeeaaallllyyy want to know prices on the new axis!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 298
Sexy in red, aint she.

Chad Lee

Didnt you have some RD Sonance, didnt you say they are great subs.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5597
All credit for this thread goes to Mark, by the way. I had no idea and just added what I could find.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15960
i thought AP "trade mark" color was blue ?

http://www.audiopulse.com/products/subwoofer-drivers/lms-ultra

with a Fs of 19 or 20 what wud u have to tune that baby to take the recommended 5000wrms ...

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1926
damn brad thanks for the post. i guess i might want to wait for the new woofers to come out anyways.

they will probably keep the ap pricing tho imo. and in that case i wont be able to afford them :\

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23613
Yeah the sonances were good.

I can't wait for these to come out. I better start looking for an amp for the pair of epics.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15967
^^hey what u running these days or what was ur last set ? ...

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4192
SH!!!!!!!!T, what up chad lee!!! how you livin'

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23614
Rovin I got a pair of rd sq 10 in a sealed box. Also I still have the dls comps up front.

Jk I am doing good. how are you bud? Good I hope.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 787
LMS-ultra is a beast. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27iA_O2n7aI&feature=related

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1933
^^^ haha 2 18's in a civic on 10k rms plus. i dont care what subs they are that sh1t is gonna bang.

Not nockin the lms by any means tho. if i had the money thats all i would run. I mean you need 5k rms for one sub tho so your looking at massive electrical upgrades just for one sub on top of the cost of a 5k rms amp and the sub itself. probably around 4-5 grand just to run one all said and done. (electrical, amp, sub, wire, box)

If you got room your better off running more lower power subs but still if i had money to blow i would def run these.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13395
I doubt they will get me to forget about my idmax 12 v3 but I hope they do well.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2957
Sean you ran a single max sealed didnt you? did you ever put a mic on it?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13428
its not installed yet
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us