How do you figure out the best box tuning for your subwoofer?

Gold Member
Username: Cplaya280

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1012
I would like to know how i can get the best tuning for my 15" Audiopulse Revo & AQ2200D right now its in a 32hz box and sounds alright with the really low lows but would like to know how it would sound in other boxes before I actually decide if i want to purchase another box. I'm thinking about trying this sub in 36-37hz box to see if i can get more output. I'm also thinking about selling this sub and maybe going for the 15" Death Penalty and also was wondering whats the best tuning for that subwoofer. How do you guys figure what the best tuning for the sub you own is?

Gold Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1013
bump

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 252
Its pretty much a mix between what sound you want and what sound your sub was designed to kill lol.

for instance, most people with kicker subs tend to tune around 35-36Hz

And an Fi Q can be tuned to like 28Hz for daily.

It depends on your sound preferences and your sub.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 870
trial and error

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 19
ya its trial and error.
but isnt the actual tuning based on the fs number? or maybe its all of the numbers they give you. check out a site that figures all that out for you and it should give you the number according to the manufactorers specs..
but you gotta figure a 15'' is meant to go low and thats how its going to perform best.
but if you want higher bass 35-37 hz wouldnt be bad either. I know those audiopulse are good at hitting lows in a higher tuned box.

Gold Member

Pennsylvania USA

Post Number: 1014
yeah i never tried my audiopulse in a higher tuned box i only tried it at 32hz box and it hits extremely low but i would like some of the other bass notes to hit as good to, So now i just gotta decide if i wanna purchase a 36-37hz box because that is the box i can get a hold of and purchase

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4286
I don't get why people always say the Revo doesn't hit the higher bass notes. I have mine tuned at 34hz and it hits the lows good and the higher bass notes good too. How high do you want the sub to play...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
the revos do hit higher bass notes! they are built for a flat response!
im just saying a 15'' is going to perform best at lower tones, as most 15s are designed to be put in bigger boxes with a lower tuning...
thats why people say they want a 10'' to give them punchy bass or that they want a 15 or 18 to hit low

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Also thats the reason people like to use tc sounds or audiopulse when using a sub in their house on a plate amp, because to make a "perfect" home audio sub, you want your sub to have a flat response that doesnt take over a small part of frequencies, but instead to sound good at all bass frequencies
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us