Re audio mt 15 or re audio xxx 15

Bronze Member
Username: King_assassin

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 28
which of these can get louder in right enclosure? me and a buddy are in a little competition to see who can get more. the first one to go deaf wins lol.

I'm drivin a 2004 tahoe and have 2 re mt 15s on a mm4000.1. shits pretty loud and its a daily driver but i'm actually thinkin of goin louder. its installed in the recommended vented enclosure. around 8 cubic ft box.

he has an 06 jeep cherokee and will have 2 re audio xxx 15s on 2 hifonics 2600s. in the recommended enclosure.

any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 16
thats basically a toss up. they are about the same, but the xxx is more on the sq side as it is meant to have a flat response across the bass frequencies.. while the mt is also meant to be a sq sub i think the mt can be louder in the right enclosure.
since your just asking for thoughts ill give you mine. I would think that yours would be louder.. but your buddy does have more power than you.. i know everyone says hifonics is overrated but that 2600 watt amp will push out 2300 watts at 1 ohm. i have seen it done so thats about 4600 watts and you might be around 4200.. i dont know. so he has a little more power on you.
but you having the tahoe i know you have plenty of room to make a box. you might even want to go even bigger than 8cu ft maybe stretch it to 9 cu ft or even 10!.. guessing thats probably bigger than the subs recommend but they can take that amp all day without blowing.
so i think since you have the capability of having more room use that to your advantage for the box. bass is all about the box so if you make your box right it will pound. and of course im sure you know about tuning. if you tune your box a little higher its going to sound louder even though it might not be moving as much air.
im surprised your not deaf yet.. thats quite a system you have their!

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2630
"they are about the same, but the xxx is more on the sq side as it is meant to have a flat response across the bass frequencies.. while the mt is also meant to be a sq sub i think the mt can be louder in the right enclosure."

dude are you smoking crack those subs couldn't be further apart the XXX is an all out SQ sub while the MT is an all out SPL monster the MTs would demolish the XXX if they had way more power going to them now dont get me wrong the XXX can still get loud while sounding good but the MTs were designed for just that SPL

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 248
^ x2

MT=SPL

XXX=SQ

Silver Member
Username: Brewsky

Victoria, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 254
i would just say get a bigger amp or amps!
rf 4000bd
couple zx2500.1
or these guys will give a handfull of other suggestions clamp 2 aq 3500's togeather!!!! :-)

Bronze Member
Username: King_assassin

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 29
Thanks to everyone for the input so far.

instead of getting different amps what about getting another mm4000.1? thats what the audio guy i got the speakers from was runnin them on. 1 amp for each speaker. but he had the mts in a cab and a half pickup. i have dual 2ohm speakers. the mm4000.1 is only supposed to go down to 2ohms briged but do you think it would kill the amp if i was to put each 2ohm speaker at 1ohm and bridge it on the amp. its a dualmono so the 2 internal amps would see it as a .5 ohm load on each side i think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us