Best 12'' or 15'' subwoofer for under $400

Username: Tlm

Temperance, MI USA

Post Number: 4
I am planing on build next system but i am on a budget. I only want to spend 400 dollars on a sub and 300 on a amp. All the subs and amps i say, you guys say it sh-t. So i want to know what is a good sub and amp?

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 220
maybe and Fi BL 15 $294 or even step it up to an 18 ($324)depending on how much room you have.
and an Audioque 1200d $249

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10944
^^ thats what I would say

Silver Member
Username: 2000fordranger

Shreveport, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 139
for one sub....DD3512 or DD3515....Im a firm believer in DD after being in Canaan's van......ears still bleeding. Im still debating on whether or not to go with FI for my next subs. I heard DD CS is top notch though while Fi's is decent just not overly impressed.

Silver Member
Username: Brewsky

Victoria, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 253
if not the bl i gotta say eclipse titanium 15" on a kicker zx1500.1 i have mine on a zx1000.1 and its demanding more! great sound, loud and awesome spl!

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2046
what kind of vehicle is this going in?

i live in michigan and i have dd9515g with a fisher customs box (4.5 cubes, 40 hz) and a rd3250. i would sell this for $800 total if interested/if you can fit it in your vehicle.

this setup would require electrical upgrades, but you can keep the gains turned down until you have the funding for the electrical upgrades.

Gold Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Www.kingmobi... Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 1220
why no one say the FI Q? its an amazing sub at that and a RD Sonance would be great setup!

Bronze Member
Username: Vertexaudio

Post Number: 15
Mint 15" TC-3000 for $275 ;)

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5581
I'll give you $140 shipped Mike. And I'll even throw in a rusty blumpkin from a player to be named later.

Temperance, MI USA

Post Number: 5
I have a Ford ranger extended cab.

Bronze Member
Username: Vertexaudio

Post Number: 16
Well Brad, it beats Chad Wilkin's offer :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13346
That is a good sub tyler.

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1917
i got an alpha 12 that ill sell ya for 235 shipped its a great condition. and i also got a dd9512/konaki hybrid that ill sell ya for 275 shipped its pretty much bn i only tested it for a bit. Its basically a 9512g but uses a konaki motor for flux which is the same as the dd but with slightly less cooling.

both will work great off 1500-2000 rms and get very loud and they both sound quite good. alpha sounds better but the dd gets louder to the ear at least

heres a link to my fs thread on ca.com
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/463012-pair-v3-alphas-d2s-dd -9512-mint-d1-5-bnib-15-btl-new-motor-loaded-d2.html#post6951263

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 297
Contact Jacob Fuller, the owner of Sundown Audio.

Z 15" $200

Contact DJ, the owner of AudioQue

AQ1200D $249

And $251 left for other sh!t for your system.

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 35
listen to the guys who say go with digital designs!! i mean if you want to have rediculous bass thats the way to go! they can pound hard for long periods of time and have durability as well.
but what kind of system do you want? you never said what you wanted.. just a system, so everyone threw you ideas of what to get, but it still matters what you want.
do you want an all out spl system? Go with the dd or fi bl.
or do you want a pure sq system? pick up a fi q or maybe even an alpine type x. or maybe a jl w7 (haha just kidding)
and i like alpine amps.. you could get an alpine that will push over 1000 watts rms at 2 ohms for 250 give or take. i just like running 2 ohms instead of 1 ohm like you probably would with the aq1200d
but maybe im the only one that likes alpine...

Bronze Member

Temperance, MI USA

Post Number: 13
I listen to rap and i want a good spl sub that will last a long time. I was think on getting a rd alpha with a hifonic 2010 watt amp? Would that be a good system of should i just save the money and get the fi btl.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 772
BTL would be worth the wait of saving money untill you can afford it. Even though you say you have 400 for a sub annddd the BTL prices are..

Price: $ 364.00
Price: $ 384.00
Price: $ 414.00

Audioque amps are chill.

AQ2200D

$389 each *shipped*

Bronze Member

Temperance, MI USA

Post Number: 14
They do not put out the 2000 rms watt like the fi btl they only put out 1000 rms watts. I would have to get two of them to equal one btl

Bronze Member
Username: Daenzer2010

Metamora, Mi Us

Post Number: 17
I have a 15 bl fully loaded which cost me about 380 shipped. it pounds and its runing on a aq1200 just like smith said. very loud if you get a nice box...smith has made me 2 boxes for it already tuned to 32 and it hits the lows like crazy

fully loaded 15bl- 380
aq1200- 249
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us