Fried Amp?

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 243
One of my firends had a little 150 kenwood amp hooked up in his car to a kenwood tornado sub. The amp worked fine in the car. He then tried to hook the amp up to his home stereo. He used a bettery as a power supply for the amp and ran rca outputs from the reciver and used the positive terminal on the battery for the remote. He had no fuse from the battery and connected the ground to the negative battery terminal. I guess when he had the positive wire touch the positive battery terminal he got a huge spark. The amp didn't work with his stereo. So he tried to hook the stuff back up in the car and it didn't work. There was a 30amp fuse in the amp but it was rated for only 25 amps. So my question is did he fry his amp. I'm pretty sure he did but I'm just curious. The 30amp fuse did not blow either.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 314
Yeah, you do not hook the Ground into the ground of the battery, its bad. And i would never try to use CAR AUDIO equipment for household use. Im not saying it cant be done but why.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 606
Sounds like it's fried. Kenwood amps aren't that great, anyway, poor reliability.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us