Sub ohm configuration

Anonymous

I want to configure (2) Infinity Kappa 120.3DVC subs to be seen as a 2 ohm load by my Thunder6500D mono amp. Can I do it?

Specs:
dual 4-ohm voice coil design
power range 50-300 watts RMS (150 watts per coil)
peak power handling 1,200 watts

From Crutchfield:
Dual Voice Coils: For increased system flexibility, the woofer has two 4 ohm voice coils. When the voice coils are wired in parallel with each other, the woofer presents a 2 ohm mono load. When the voice coils are wired in series with each other, the woofer presents an 8 ohm mono load. In addition, each coil may be connected to a different amplifier channel and each channel will see a 4 ohm load.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-dEcgbSl2tj7/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?a=&s=0&cc=01&g=677 00&id=detailed_info&i=1081203DVC

Anonymous

If that won't work, then I may get an MTX Thunder502 amp which runs 250 x 2 @ 2 ohms.
My question here is, are the impedences of each channel independent of each other? Like, could I put one sub cfg'd as a 2 ohm load and have it getting 250 watts @ 2 ohms on one channel, and have the same setup on the other channel? Or would they add to a 4 ohm load?

Anonymous

i think u could do it.....
just wire the positive coils (both + coils on the sub) together and the negative (both - coils on the sub) together then take those 2 wires and put into ur amp the plus and the negative works on mine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us