I need help from one of the gods here

Bronze Member
Username: Adamwright

Post Number: 24
4 questions.......jbl 600X1 enough for 2-12 perfects svc? 320 watts running to interior speakers already, will i need a new alterntor after subs? is the jbl 600x1 rated at 14.4 volts? If so what will my 2001 accord do for volts? Since the subs go to 350 rms is this amp beefy enough?

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 57
yeah remember jbl amp are underrate

you can get a new 160amp alternator for $200 or less

it depend on how you want to blast your system...
over time it will place a wear and tear on your alternator

let me know how those 2-12 perfect sound

i have 2-6.5 3-way kappa in the front and 2-6x9 3-way kappa rear @ 100watts each> loud and clear, he1l yeah> lol

now im look for 2-12, hard hitting sub for under $400

i have a alpine-9827 deck and i need a sub to handle the <mx> mode at high volume

sorry glass.....im back in reality now.... ill get those elipise ti - later. now i have a house note and no roommate lol

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 58
i have a accord 03 sedan

Bronze Member
Username: Adamwright

Post Number: 25
its pretty damn loud and i just ordered my perfects...will post back when theyre in..i too am perfects 5 1/4and 3 way 6 x 9 so...the alternator wont cut it on 920 watts total?

Username: Drinsano

Michigan

Post Number: 6
I have a single Perfect 12.1 DVC and on my little Sony 1000 (like 330RMS) my whole car was shaking, not insanely loud, but really loud and clear for one 12, so far I'm now a huge infinity fan

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 570
That JBL will be plenty of power for them. They rate that 600W at 12.5V, so in a car you'll see more power since most charging systems have voltages ranging from upper 13's to 14's. They also underrate on top of that. You may have to consider getting an alternator, but, like said above, it may not be necessary depending on how hard you push the system. If you only push it to half it's potential, an alternator may not be needed. Remember it takes 10x the power to get twice as loud, meaning the quieter you listen, even if just a little, will save a good bit of current. Accords have decent stock alternators.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us