Wiring Question...(Maybe Glasswolf or Johnathan?)

Username: Stardumb

Post Number: 3
Ok, I've just purchased a new Kicker kx1200.1 amp and have upgraded to 0 GAUGE wire. I need to wire my amp (in the trunk) to up front (battery, headunit, etc). There seems no possible way of doing this while hiding the wire. We tried through the carpet but the carpet is way too tight that there isnt enough room for the wire to fit, because it pulls the carpet edges away from their position where they connect. We tried going underneat the side plastic baseboard things, but the wire is way too thick, that they wont snap back down once the wire is underneath. Does anyone know another way I could attempt to congifure this wiring so that it will be hidden and make it from the battery to the amp in back. Thanks a lot.

Username: Skinn

Post Number: 1
Don't run the wire so close to the edge. I ran 1/0 wire in my car and it wasn't easy. Try running the wire in toward the center of the car more once it's starts getting closer to the seats. I know this sound extreme but sometimes taking out your seats, or even your carpet might be a must to run the wire properly.

Post Number: 5
*BUMP* NEED HELP PLEASE!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3519
which is what I already suggested when he cross-posted this in the other forum.
I didn't see a need to answer him more than once though.
patience is a virtue.

Post Number: 6
thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us