"Audiobahn" Glasswolf and other experts, I Apologize

remember me
Unregistered guest
I was the same guy who wrote a thread a while ago about how I didnt understand why people said Audiobahn sucked and how much I liked my system.

Well I visited a friend and heard his rockford fosgate system. My Audiobahn 12 was pushing 500 RMS and his 2 12 were pushing 500 RMS collectivily. If you want to know how my system sounded compared to his. Take your 5 fingers, ball them up in a fist and hit the desk. Garbage, pure f*cking garbage.I now know what a real system is suppose to sound like.

If you are like I used to be, thinking Audiobahn is the sh*t, its only because even though u had heard a lot of systems, u havent heard what a "real system" sounds like. My friend has a Audiobahn 2000 RMS 15 being pushed by a Audiobahn 2000 RMS amp. It can shake ur windows. But if my other friend pushed a full 800 RMS through his rockford system, I guarentee it would blow it away.

I am so pissed off at the performance of my Audiobahn sub, I just disconnected the bullshit and am making plans to buy my friends rockfords.

So take it from me, dont buy Audiobahn, and listen to these experts, cause i wish i would have before for i wasted my money. Oh yeah, I had some of their speakers too, and I threw them away and got some infinitys within a week of buying them.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 222
Glad to see you now know audiobahn is chromed out crap.

Username: Thevgmaster23

Post Number: 1
is an Audiobahn AW1500HCT amp any good. i know their amps are better than their subs, but how much so?

Username: 03exploder

Post Number: 10
If you havent already bought the Audiobahn amp i would suggest you go with another brand. All of Audiobahn's equipment is just jammed out and smashed down consumers throats.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 305
Rockford gets 2 thumbs up!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3526
sorry you had to learn the hard way.
I'm glad you got to hear a good system though. A lot of folks never do get the chance to compare like that. Granted your system is still better than stock I'm sure so it's better than nothing, and being audiobahn, you probably didn't lose *too* much when ya bought the system.. they do tend to be affordable which is one of their attractions.

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 54
remember what model audiobahn did you have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
what model audiobahn

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 562
Faster than a speeding bullet...it's a bird, it's a plane, no it's JAMES CAPONE on an Audiobahn post! He's here to bring justice to the car audio world by offering subjective data that Audiobahn and Boss Ripper amps are great! hahaha lol.Where's he at, anyway? He loves jumping on Audiobahn posts, I've never seen him actually help anyone on this forum...ever. James, if you consider posting, please offer subjective data this time.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3545
that's ok. I just finished writing a reply to someone who thinks Kole and Power Kraptastic are the greatest products since the invention of toilet paper.
Oddly, they all usually end up in the same place.
Coisidence? hmmmm

I hope I never end up in "pine bluff, AZ" because apparently they have the loudest systems around, all built with Kole, Power Acoustik, and SPL gear.
Who needs USAC when you've got Pyramid!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
anyway, i firgure out how to adjust my alpine deck and i think my infinity 6.5 3way just broke in after a week<lol>

at the moment im playing around with the subwoofer control at high volume/with bass on<audiobhan>

subw +15 and bass +7 bass booth as high as it can go

i only ran the volume to 25 before my hear-aid started messing up

i did get the audiobahn 1206t to distort with the mx<media> on and volume at 28
. all basses high db

i listening to a lot of heavy metal and that the reason im going to the elipise t1 12'

im deaf so i now realize i will need a good system to make my ears hurt. dem infinity highs hurt my head a high volume, how to i turn of the power to the speakers from the deck? the bass dont hurt my ear at the moment.

trust me>the elipise pro 15 x4 only stop my heart<lol>

Anonymous

all of you f*ckers are just pr*cks who don't know anything about car audio, you just look at how much it costs. my 2 12" flame q's off a JBL 1200.1 outhit 4 JL 13W7's, and sound better too. I hit 162.4 db. with them, no jl can compete. adire audio and resonant engineering are just cheap ghetto speakers made of paper pulp. audiobahn all the way!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
strange.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
what are the odds....

Bronze Member

Chattanooga, Tennessee U S of A

Post Number: 16
1 out of uhhh 1

audiobarf, the other piece of garbage
Unregistered guest
i wouldn't give audiobahn the pleasure of wiping my bung hole after i took a DOOOOHOOOOOKEEEEEEEY. your ears are begging you to stop using these chromed turdsssssssss

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 590
More like one out of a billion, and yes, he's included in the billion. In no way will two 12" Flame Q's outhit 4 13W7's. I don't care if the W7's were installed AP, they'd still hit harder and sound better. TWO 13W7's would annihalate two flame Q's, more surface area, and more x-max. I'm willing to bet one 13W7 would give them a run for their money. 162.4? I think you could come up with a better lie than that, 140's are believable in the right box, but 160's? Please. Some of the top subs in the world use paper or composite cones, Adire Audio being a major one, also Image Dynamics ID Max. It's a lightweight cone and if treated correctly, very stiff. Adire uses epoxy to stiffen cones. Audiobahn all the way...to the dumpster.

Bronze Member

Chattanooga, Tennessee U S of A

Post Number: 19
I was refering the 1 out of 1 thing to him posting on this thread and embarrassing himself further than he already has.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3567
Jon, those 4 13W7s must've been running from a roadmaster head unit power.
I doubt he hit 160-anything with two 12" subs.
I hit 151dB with a pair of 12" subs in IASCA Pro events, and I used a Festiva to confine the airspace, then used a box close to 5cu ft, and ported at 30Hz. I was also running a couple of Orion amps on those subs.
If he hit 162, he must've been inside the sub enclosure.
...or in his bed, dreaming.
I'd like to see a scan of his RTA scores.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 597
Yeah, I meant 1 out of a billion being his chances of hitting 160's. Misread it. Haha. I was thinking more along the lines of Legacy 2400 watt amp power, but that would probably put out more SPL than his Flame queefs. Kids are so cute when they don't know anything, some can't even lie within reason. Really, 130's is all I'd ever need for my vehicle, not too much more than that, not saying I couldn't deal with something that put out more, but I'd never use it. Maybe if I was 17 again I may want dbs in the 160s. I'm not into the whole "who can blow their ears out" the quickest. Of course db wasn't popular when I was growing up simply because power wasn't readily available.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
how can i hit 160db

and using what equipment

i just took out Adire shiva 2-12
out of my car today, not hitting as hard
as i like.....elipise ti.......here i come

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3592
how do you hit 160+dB?
by spending at least five grand.

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 51
"that's ok. I just finished writing a reply to someone who thinks Kole and Power Kraptastic are the greatest products since the invention of toilet paper.
Oddly, they all usually end up in the same place.
I hope I never end up in "pine bluff, AZ" because apparently they have the loudest systems around, all built with Kole, Power Acoustik, and SPL gear.
Who needs USAC when you've got Pyramid!!!"

Glasswolf, I see that you are blasting Pine Bluff, AR not AZ. You are not right, man! I expected better than that. I dont think that Kole is the greatest. I just want to give those subs a chance. :| I like different designs. If I could afford them I would get those flat subs from phase linear and give everyone else the finger.

btw, the mofos are loud until you hear the sq on them. the bass on his rock fos setup sounds like booooom and the mofo sounds like bouuuuuom. there is a difference. I just said that guy won some comps with power acoustick. Im really into orion and alpine for nostalgic reasons of course. that is all we had when I was 14, 14 years ago. He may have went to some nationals. but all I saw was the trophies for SPL's and design (if there is such a category). He could have put those trophies in there to get customers. Remember he is not from there but moved there. I said he went where the money is good. Pine Bluff, Arkansas (45 minutes from Little Rock, AR the capitol and 2hrs away from Hope, AR the place where Prez Clinton was born) is a place where you can make some money for car audio equipment because old and young like car audio systems.

A rather small college town, people come through there on a regular basis for concerts and things of that nature. they have systems as well. Don't think for once that people are behind on things because they are from a small town, Glass.

Trust me if you came down here, you would leave a millionaire from basic installations. you have no idea how much people spend down here. I can honestly say that people come to Little Rock, AR and Pine Bluff, AR just to get equipment, get it installed (while on vacation of course), and go back home with a few grand in their pockets from the money they saved.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3603
I was teasin man. I know where it is actually. I used to own property in Bella Vista, AR.
My grandparents lived there for some time, and I used to go up there for teh summer now and then when I was little.
Anyway yes IASCA focuses on design and install more than SPL, as they cap SPL at 130dB. above that it doesn't give ya any points, so they can look more at how well the system was designed and put in, how creative it is, etc.
SPL only events are more along the lines of dB Dragracing, some USAC, etc... or the local shop weekend get together events that aren't really sanctioned by any organization.

those Mofos.. man I can't see anyone putting in a product with a name like mofo or fubar.. I'm surprised these companies never made an amp called sukdik. it's one thing to have cheap stuff because you don't really care, or its all you're willing to spend.. but it's something else when people try to defend that stuff saying it's better than everything else on the market.. those are the ones I feel need better medication. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us