Stock amp with subs

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 37
ok i plan on slowly building my system since i dont have a lot of cash. I have a stock amp form the monsoon company in my VW. it has built in crossovers and is wired to 8 speakers.... 4 tweeters, 2 mid range, 2 6.5" subs in the back seat area. I want to remove the wiring to the subs and run it to my new ones im buying. Here is the catch the new subs are svc 4 ohm and the amp puts out 2 ohm per channel to these 6.5" subs. If i was to just connect both positives and both negatives togther before running them to the subs in parellel would this hurt anything or change any of the ratings. Basically its the left and right positive amp lead and the left and right negative amp lead connected then run to the subs. When not connected they push 2 ohm. so would i be able to do this so that i can have my two subs hooked up to my system

Bronze Member
Username: Motoman22

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 88
I wouldn't bridge a factory amp, it may be fine but you run the risk of breaking it.

If your amp is used to seeing a 2-ohm load on each line(which I find odd,) make sure that it continues to see this. Either use two 4-ohm speakers on each line in parallel or get a couple of DVC subs. Honestly, you're better off just saving the money spent on this for a real amp and subs.

Don't expect much...and don't be surprised if your amp shuts off every now and then from the extra load.

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 40
yeah i was just going to use one of th lines to power my subs because they are svc 4 ohm and i dont expect them to be load until i amp them the right wat but thats $450 down the road
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us