Other brands, like Cadence & Coustic for SQ

Suzieq
Unregistered guest
I am putting together a sound system based on SQ and would like your apinion on a 4 channel amp to drive the Focal Utopia 165 W3's up front and the Focal poly glass 165 CV 2 ways rear doors allready installed.
Amps I have locked at are JL Audio, Kicker & Audiobahn which are mentioned here alot but what about amps Like Cadence or Coustic for SQ, Im not trying to break the sound barier, just want to achive excellent, clean & accurate sound.
Head unit = Pioneer DEH-8650
SUB = fOCAL k2 11"
SUB AMP = kICKER KX 600.1

Thanks Guys
Suzieq

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 751
coustic makes decent stuff but cadence makes excellent amps, expect nothing less than awesome from cadence

btw...nice taste in equipment :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Motoman22

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 95
If you want to go all out for quality, check the amp offerings from McIntosh.

Price wise, comparing McIntosh to JL is like comparing Focal to Pioneer. In other words, bring your Visa Gold....and get a better alarm system.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3503
McIntosh or Zapco. Arc is another good one for very high end amplifiers

Suzieq
Unregistered guest
Hi Guys
I had a listen to the new 2 ch version of the Cadence Amadeus Digital M3000 amp, and it was very good to say the least ! Clean, Transparent, fast but not punchy. Also heard the new Z series Z4000 in comparison it seemed to have more clout and top end but this could be due to having them demo on a differant brand of speaker.

Has anyone compared Cadence with JL Audio as I cant find a shop that can demonstate/sells both to make an A/B comparison ?
I have eliminated Audiobahn & Coustic from my list and having trouble finding Mcintosh & Zapco in OZ.

Thanks heeeeeeeaps for your input Guys

Suzieq

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3514
if you want amplifiers with regulated power supplies and regulated output stages, so that the output level is the same regardless of input voltage or load from 1.5 to 4 ohms, go with the JL amps. They're better at avoiding clipping, and are very well made amps.
If you want an amp that'll put out a bit more power at higher voltages (high output alternator above idle) and will put out more power with lower impedance loads, go with the Cadence amps.
Keep in mind JL severely underrates their amps as well, so say the 500/1, will actually put out about 670 watts @ full output.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3515
by the way, unless you can hear both amps in the same car, on the exact same speakers side by side, you'll never be able to compare a pair of amps by ear. At best, you'll be able to compare which delivers more power, but transparency and damping etc are all well outside the range of anything but lag equipment.
here's some information to help better understand mobile amplifiers:

http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=47.topic

Suzieq
Unregistered guest
Thanks GlassWolf
Went to the ARC site, the 55x4 4050 sounds impressive ! but dont know if it is available in OZ yet.
As your last word, the JL Audio 300/4 or 450/4 (please see start of this thread for rest of my equipment)as this is the final link in the chain and i am getting hot with anticipation to hear it all up and working

thanks again guys
P.S. will post on how it all sounds as it's cost me $3,890 aus so far ! I got hi expectations
Suzieq

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3533
I'd go with the 300/4 I think for this setup.
it's less expensive, and you can balance front to rear fade with the head unit fader controls.
you're only using a 600 watt amp for subs, so you don't want to overdrive the front stage, and the 450/4 puts more power to the fronts.
See what your fronts can handle.
If they can take what the 450/4 puts to them, go for it. Otherwise, stick to the 300/4.
Both are good amps. Ideally you'll want to set the rear channels to mono to avoid destroying your front stage.
here's some more stuff to read on rear fill. I wrote this one too (as well as that last one on amps)
http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=51.topic

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3534
by the way, when you get this setup done, pictures would be cool, too.
I always like to see a good system when it's all done.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us