Trying to figure Alpine vs Kicker?

Username: Sdbarber317

Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Post Number: 1
Hello I am new I would first like to say that I have appreciated this forum with all the information considering Alpine Type R subwoofers and Kicker L7 subwoofers

To begin with, I am trying to decide on whether to get Kicker l7 subwoofers or Alpine Type R the kind of music that I listen to is rap r and b and jazz. I am looking for the bass to hit hard considering that I listen to rap from down south but the jazz that I listen to is like jazz najee richard elliot boney james and alot of instrumentals that come from jazz like outkast etc

Now that you understand what kind of music I listen to I am looking to put these in a ported box that is premade I understand making your own box is better but I am looking to go the easy way out

I am looking for a sub that I can feel the pressure of bass in my chest but also can produce frequency I understand that many people have kickers spl and alpines sql

The amp that I am planning on using is mtx 1000xd mono block amp (in my price range)

I am looking for either the l7 or alpine type r 12" subwoofer and I am looking for two of them and can the l7 have any sql at all and why?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10908
Type R hands down, good all around sub. L7s sound like crap and are built like it to.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 525
Check my link, Im selling two Alpine Type R's ina custom ported box. tuned to 32hz. There's Pictures and videos in the link :-)

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/613880.html

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 191
My votes for type r also. I also wouldnt suggest just throwing it in any box. If you dont wanna build one, just ask around on here. Theres people that can build you one for a good price im sure.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15871
R

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2628
L7

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10913
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 529
x2

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 290
I would say Alpine.

Alwaysbuild box to spec of subs, it makes a world of differents.

Gold Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Www.kingmobi... Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 1190
lol MS

and type R

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2924
L7's sound like azz.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5168
In descibing your taste in music, I feel the Alpine would be better suited to your needs. The R will sound better and be able to keep up with the double kick bass that is in Jazz, as opposed to the L7 which would tend to roll alot of the notes into a single blur of a noise.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2071
Between those two choices I'd go with the type-rs. Just sounded better from my experience. I am selling a type-x 12 for- 150+ shipping in like new condition and spend the money you're not dumping into 2 subs on a nice ported box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us